New LX470: how to verify timing belt/waterpump + more issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi 100 series community,

Recently picked up a beautiful '03 LX470 with an uncertain service history. 166xxx miles currently.

It's clear that the vehicle was well maintained with multiple services to Toyota dealership throughout the 2 owners. But I do not have confirmation that the water pump/timing belt was replaced - BUT, there was a service event at ~125xxx with no description. Prior to, and after this, the vehicle had servicing at the Toyota dealership.

Because of the routine servicing, I would lean to this being done. I attempted to call the dealership that did this service, but could not get a confirmation of what was done because I am not the owner of the vehicle at the time of said servicing.

Now my question is, do we have any Toyota techs who can access this service history? Or is there a way to confirm these parts have been replaced WITHOUT going through with the teardown/replacement process - such as the accessing the water pump to verify a newer part being installed? I'm not opposed to replacing these parts, but just want to see if anyone has a method to confirming this prior to doing so.

For some minor issues: currently have the steering wheel cocked at a ~10 degree angle - would love to

Cheers

You can take off timing belt covers to check belt but I assure you it will look brand new whether it has 10k miles or 166k miles. If water pump is pumping and not leaking or rattling there isn’t a NEED to replace it any way. So if you just WANT to replace everything any way then spend the money to get it done.

I wouldn't loose sleep over the timing belt but you may want to add it to the to-do list when you have some money / time to get it done.

Have you tried putting your VIN into Toyota Owner ( lexus owner?) website? Any service done ay Toyota will show up there.

As for the steering wheel, I see you have an LX so I am no help there, don't these have some kind of electronic fancy doo-dad in the steering column on the 03+ years? There was a good thread around here on it, but it's currently eluding me.

Last edited:
Here we go. I think it's called VGRS . I've seen folks mention the adjustment being done through the computer.

This isn't the thread I was looking for but
LX470 Steering Wheel Angle: Fixed -- 2003 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lx470-steering-wheel-angle-fixed-2003.1256413/

Could be way off, IDK, but thats something to get you going in the right direction.

Here we go, maybe you need a "zero point calibration" of your VGRS
>>Zero point calibration please - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/zero-point-calibration-please.1236535/

Post #6

Just a few minutes ago I got on the Lexus website and downloaded all the Service History for our 2017 RX350.
Its very obscure as to how you can find the appropriate page.
If you have a Land Cruiser, try the Toyota website - a few years ago I downloaded the Service History for our Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom