New FJ60 owner with a question about wheel/tires (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello world,

I just pick up a '87 FJ60 out here on Oahu. The body is rough but only has 106k miles. I have been reading this forum the past few weeks on where to start to get it into a shape I am happy with. The car had a really clean interior and runs great, so I began looking at different suspensions to get, OME is the obvious winner with FJ60 owners. I had a sidewall crack the other day and I went and ordered some new tires from Costco, I should have known better, and they refused to put my truck on the lift because "they don't have lift guides for a car my age". Driving home on a dried out spare was not fun. I began shopping around for new tires and came across this tire package and was curious if anyone would have feedback on this wheel and tire set, Pro Comp from 4wheelparts. Here are the specs if you don't want to click through the link;
  • 31x10.50R15LT Pro Comp AT Sport Tire
  • 15x8 Black Pro Comp Alloy Series 7069 wheels
  • 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Wheel Size: 15x10
    • Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5
    • Backspace: 3.625
    • Max Load: 2200
    • Finish: Flat Black with Machined Accents
    • Offset: -47
I will appreciate any and all feedback!

Thank you in advance!

Have you checked out Wheels that work, part numbers from the 60 series FAQ? Not trying to be a dick, but if you had spent a couple minutes looking there, you'd probably have found your answer.

It looks like they have the a usable backspace, but you have one wheel size listed as 15x8 & one as 15x10. I would go with the 15x8. You may want to look at that thread for other wheel & tire ideas. You might find something you like even more.

Your link is not working. If you get the OME lift get the 33"s, you will thank me later. The 15x10 wheel is really wide considering the stock wheels are 15x6" The backspace should work on those, that is the critical thing here other than the obvious hole pattern.....etc. I went with a 15x8 with 33 x 12.5 and i love how it looks. The CENTER BORE is important as well! needs to be over 106mm to fit over hubs. these are the wheels i got and are a -3.75 backspace, its about as high as you can go before putting wheel spacers on. KMC I got them on sale before Christmas.

2020-01-05 15.41.24.jpg

If you are going to run the stock wheels with a 33" tire then look for pizza cutters you are going to want the narrowest 33" tire you can find. We've had discussions elsewhere on the topic but a lot of shops wont even mount a 31x10.5 on a stock 15 rim....I did my own and they seem fine though the tires do balloon a bit.

If you are going to run the stock wheels with a 33" tire then look for pizza cutters you are going to want the narrowest 33" tire you can find. We've had discussions elsewhere on the topic but a lot of shops wont even mount a 31x10.5 on a stock 15 rim....I did my own and they seem fine though the tires do balloon a bit.

Yup, totally fine. You can even chalk test to find the ideal tire pressure. I saw over 50k on KO2s, on and off road. Still had life when I sold them.

Try Sam's Club - they are usually better priced than Costco. Or do you have Sam's in HI? There is a member here who has a couple of very nice FJ's - I am drawing a blank on her screen name - who is on Oahu. I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

Thank you all so much for responding to my inquiry!!
I was able to get in contact with someone at 4wheelparts and ordered these Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheelset.

The trouble I was having with the "wheels that work" thread is most of the wheels and tires listed were since discontinued.

I am going to run these 31" x 10.5" Pro Comp Tires on the wheels, then eventually move up to 33" after I get a OME set up goin in the next 6-8 months.

Stoked to be apart of this FJ60! Mahalo everyone!

Aloha.

ps. Heres a photo of my girls 100 series too

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

I really like the look of the F5 Stealth wheels...probably where I'll go to when the time comes for a new wheel/tire combo

1581516473444.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom