New exhaust ordered! With headers :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so can you post the graph? i want to see where the gain was and what happened to torque.

so can you post the graph? i want to see where the gain was and what happened to torque.

Agreed, I'm more interested in torque than HP. Baby got back, doncha know.....

Subbed. I need to do exhaust work anyways. A bolt on, from the block back, sounds perfect. I’m assuming some of the mods can be discussed prior to sale, like keeping the EGR delete?

And just to verify, is this over the frame or under the frame?

I finally had some time to get by ACC Garage and get the System and install it. It was very straight forward and took about six hours to complete (there was a 30 minute break for lunch). I love the results! The sounds isn’t obnoxious. You do hear it get a little more throaty while you step on it.

It is amazing how much of the desert and dirt the stock manifold/headers trap underneath them. I plan to get the bay looking very clean at some point.

ACC is creating a header and Y pipe that should be in testing in a few weeks. If that goes well, they will have that combo for sale ina few months. That gives the end user the ability to customize everything behind the Y pipe for their needs.

I clearly had a couple of exhaust leaks that I am happy to have fixed as well.

They had some EGR spacers waterjetted to allow these headers to work with our EGR system.

Here are some pics.

0DDFD1AB-D405-4113-8CB9-20B1699436BB.jpeg

D30EA937-57BF-4067-B007-083B4271E6AE.jpeg

69BA6C45-6FF4-4CC9-9429-848D767DD8C2.jpeg

2A5F6229-CB33-4E3E-A8F8-306A71F8E6AA.jpeg

Last edited:
More

BCB760C4-05D7-4BDD-B35B-8E63B8E6FC91.jpeg

A59CB3A0-A95F-4512-9B3B-3BF64F912638.jpeg

3DAB5E64-F764-4083-953D-1AAFBE8789FD.jpeg

64234495-650F-4E22-81B2-56D009AD4710.jpeg

9E894C74-C1AD-4D3E-8D1A-879E77C2F472.jpeg

Mmmm, I love some dessert on my manifold. Maybe baked Alaska would be perfect and fast.

So ACC Garage was inspired by these Aussie exhaust and knew that shipping costs would kill the demand here in the US...so they went out and made their own headers and Y pipe for the 95'-97' 80s! Theirs is SS unlike the ones that I got. I think they turned out killer. I am very happy with my kit, but this one will be better on the wallet and allow for each person to use the cats, muffler, etc of their choice.

Update from ACC Garage:

OK, so all testing is finally done. Our new 1FZFE headers and collector kits are ready for sale.
Made in the U.S.A. out of 304 stainless and hand TIG welded.
Head flanges are port matched, these things flow like crazy.
Our collector pipe will weld to your existing exhaust or a aftermarket cat back system of your choice.
At this time we are not offering the cat back system, there are a few nice ones on the market already.
We also offer EGR plates that are port matched to the head and header, these plates offer factory EGR operation with no CEL.
The header and collector are $1175.00. EGR plates are $175.00 for the pair.
This system works best with OEM head to manifold gaskets.
This system was designed around the 1995 and newer trucks. For early OBD 1 trucks, 1 more O2 sensor port will need to be added by your exhaust shop.
To order please email us at
info@accgarage.com. We will NOT be taking orders from any other place, I.E. Mud, Facebook, etc.

We are also now offering 2 stages of performance head for the 1FZFE. More to come on this later.
1f60e.png

I would like to thank all for your patience on this header project, it took a lot more R&D than we expected.

Best Regards,
Dugan

So it’s kinda hard to tell, but does this setup hug the firewall and floor closer than the OEM setup for a little better clearance?

Looks very nice.

How does it sound?

Thanks Smitty for the update and pics. Very nice.

Do you know if these will clear the TRD Blower? Also what size is the collector? It would be nice to have a 3" collector.

Anyone in California buy these ACC headers?

I'm curious about the 2 stages of cylinder head 'performance' mentioned in the post above.

Thanks Smitty for the update and pics. Very nice.

Do you know if these will clear the TRD Blower? Also what size is the collector? It would be nice to have a 3" collector.

I have a set of Genie headers tucked under a S/C so I'm betting these will clear as well as they look similar.

What is the real world result of investing is this exhaust system modification? @smittycrusher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom