New Cruiser - My 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm a brand new the world of cruisers. I recently picked up this 84 FJ60 from a coworker who just moved from Colorado. It's got 240k miles. Body has the usual rust spots but the frame is solid. Interior is a 5 out of 10. It needs quite a bit of work to the suspension and knuckles/axles but the engine, clutch, and tranny are solid and recently serviced. I'm slowly amassing a mountain of parts to fix it up and make it suitable for daily use.

So far I've put in a new battery and brake master cylinder so I could drive it. It's got a ton of slop in the steering and actually pretty scary to drive so a new rod end relay and steering box have been ordered and should be here any day. Here's a laundry list of the stuff in route to start the transformation into a decent DD/weekend warrior.

New dash pad
knuckle rebuild kit
Nitro 30/30 axles
wheel bearings
SS brake lines
OME 2.5-3 inch lift kit (driver side leaf springs are broken)
Odd Iron LED dome light kit (it's DARK in there right now)
Euro mirrors (passenger side is broken and both are flaking terribly)
17 inch SCS F5 wheels in gunmetal
285/75/17 Toyo MTs

I blacked out the headlight surrounds and grill tonight and gave it a bit of a face lift. I'll probably paint a few trim pieces as well. I'm sure a roof rack and a tire carrier and a halfway decent stereo will be added next year. Anyway glad to be here. The site has helped me a bunch in just the short time I've owned it. Looking forward to sharing some of the build progress.

15219621_10211656101781882_7163915712931269342_n.jpg

Looks like a great start. Welcome! Lots of helpful information AND people here. These are special vehicles and I am excited for you and the trials and tribulations that await you.

Chromo front axles probably aren't necessary

You better wheel it then!! :)

Good looking 60. I have an uglier sister of yours with what sounds like similar slop in the steering. Where did you order the box and TREs from?

I got the steering box from buyautoparts. The relay rod end came from cruiserparts.net

Great looking truck and seems like you are well on your way! Welcome to MUD :flipoff2: <--- official MUD welcome
Make yourself familiar with the vendor section here and also guys like Onur (Beno), Kurt (Cruiser Outfitters), Jason (Reevesci), Georg (Valley Hybrid), JimC (FJ40Jim) and the slew of other vendors and just all around knowledgeable guys on here.. They are your source for all the parts, pieces and "things" that you could never want for your truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom