Builds New 80 In Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been reading up on your build (at page 21 currently). I couldn't wait to get to the end to say that this is the best documented/organized build thread I've ever seen. Well done sir. You have some skills and a very great imagination to put this all together. :cheers: Your rig looks amazing.

@Luke111 i am getting ready to finish up this mod how did you mount the mesh? I assume from the outside of the plastic brackets for the screws? And you added a rubber addition to the outer part of the mesh?

Drilled holes through the tabs and bolted it to the frame and the flat steel support.... the key was epoxying the flat steel to the frame which gave the frame a strong base for attachment. I did not attach rubber to the mesh....i did lightly scratch the inside of the frame installing the mesh so I taped of the face of the frame and painted the inside of the frame the same color as the mesh...

image-jpeg.1226117

image-jpeg.1249612

I recently bought another set of Depos to Retrofit... my current set of Depos are running a Mini H1 and a Halogen high beam. The new lights will have a D2S in the low beam side and a micro projector in the high beam side. The micro will be wired as a DRL and even though it’s Bi-xenon the D2S is all thats needed as a high beam.
I’ll probably paint the frame, reflector and shrouds as soon as I figure out which shroud to use...
I’m going to test fit and adjust them this weekend as I know some have had issues with the D2S touching the glass but illuminating the thick rubber washer and replacing it with a washer made of shrink wrap I think I’ll be ok
The reflector requires some trimming for clearance of the ring that tightens the projector to the reflector
Was able to remove all the excess sealant from the glass and the housing tracks which makes test fitting for clearance a none issue

Here two examples of shrouds I’m considering

Finally wrapping up the quad retrofit this evening,,, I finished running the harnesses over the weekend and prepped, installed and adjusted the projectors today.I've ordered a 5500K bulb for the smaller projectors so they'll match the color of the D2S and finally wired the LED's in the ARB as daytime running lights

MkMj5XwqTTyOOFjq5agDcA.jpg

zOQacXqtQHugc4XKsA5zQA.jpg

NO2sNcP%R8aFr9439PHaQg.jpg

%29cbmr%S0KmWQz1GQmmVw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_24c0.jpeg

Last edited:
Always an I spiration when I read this thread.

With the painted shroud and reflectors... I decided to paint the trim pieces and the grill surround with a slightly darker VHT graphite wheel paint.....I’m a huge fan of VHT paint. I also mounted the 35w ballast underneath each light and the 55w are behind the side corner lights inside the fender... lLights are sealed and ready, I just ran out of time

2D59FB9F-2783-43D6-AC65-1871D5388BFF.jpeg

AA69F70C-94C3-49D1-B710-B1E1ED39D48B.jpeg

1C5A7F38-0119-45DF-8B9C-B067CC76DF87.jpeg

Damn it seemed like you disappeared for awhile 😳
Not to far....over on the 100 forum building headlights ....I love what you did with the turbo kit... now I wish I kept my straight six

Awesome build thread, and that retrofit looks fantastic!

You building them for 80Series? Specifically the LX? I’m in need bad.
I haven't jumped into that market...but we can have that discussion. I know the seller on Ebay raised his price to $349.00 which is not bad. You have the skills to do this ... call me 703-371-8494

Last edited:
I haven't jumped into that market...but we can have that discussion. I know the seller on Ebay raise his price to $349.00 which is not bad. You have the skills to do this ... call me 703-371-8494

Expect a call a little later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom