RedOne Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to add hystory thread of my rig improvement.
That's was the Begining. Rig is on the car market with 126k mileage.
It was 1995 year born, around stock car with 33 boots 2'' lift, with unknown suspension and all locks.

And that was in far 2011.
I though that it will be some interesting, cause I bild car to another then most of forum LC owners condition, purposes, climate, different way of exploitation and different tech capabilities and opportunities in such fith point of the world where I am.

Photo1.jpg

I'm subscribing to this NOW.
I can't wait to see what is done with your vehicle in Kamchatka!!

Very nice and welcome to MUD. Looking forward to hearing more about your rig and your travels.

needs bigger boots!

So yes, I just bought my rig... what should I do? Yeea try to stuck in the first dirt hole, and I did it without any problems, even just did not get sweat. 3 hours of diging and witchcraft around 3 tonns of junk and its ok it can move by itself.
Ok, google - how to lift my junk?
But the saying speaks - if you have money for lift and big foots then buy winch!

The specifics of our territory is that there to few towns and vilages, no any phone comunications in 20km far from the town, now resue, no... in general there is nothing than can help you. There is no roads - there is only ways and chance to meet someone little bit less then nothing.
If you stuck - you get out by your self, if you brake something - you fix it by yourself.

Thats why the winch is the first.
But luckelly after buying the rig I have a few money left.
And I decided to make a lift 4'' make a front bar and setup a winch. I bought whe most bold winch that were in my town Taiwain ComeUp 15000 pounds power.
That period a alreaddy did not know how to use welding - and give my car to my friend.
And that is the result.
222.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Solenoid block sets as much heigh as I can in motor section, cause we swim pretty deep.
Socket sets into saloon not to make contacts oxidize.
We have very humid climate and all electric get oxidized very fast.
Then make a circuit breaker into +wire in case of comething go wrong.

7.jpg
6.jpg
7 (1).jpg
7 (2).jpg
7 (4).jpg

Welcome! Sweet 80,

but I haven't seen any pics of vodka yet :flipoff2:

Tell the boss that his white girl truck looks silly next to yours! I'm liking those tires. What brand are they? And your front bar is very nice! Your friend who made it could make some money selling those badboys!

As I repair e-lockers actuators of our LC club I often see motors in not the best conditions. But yesterday I completely was sure that I was engaged in necromancy) Because that is not a really live actuator at all. But some spell and hands work and if restored.
DSC_0741.JPG
DSC_0740.JPG

Now here it is.
DSC_0724.JPG

Some of us throw away OEM actuators and sets air actuators. This couple shipped for my friend. Work from 2-15kg of air preassure.
~20-200psi.
DSC_0737.JPG

Also there is the often problem with trailers of e-lockers. They rolled over and to fix them I unfold them. The only problem with them - the oxidize and slightly burn
DSC_0446.JPG

Wheels ? what exectly?
33 DFGoodrich in photo with white escudo(vitara).
35 Mudstar
36 Simex
On another photoes

Now about new bumper.
As I did body lift 2'' old bar that time did not suits me.
And it was very heavy. Bar with winch platform weights 67kg.

As we travel lots on show and swamps I decided to make fore little bit lighter.
First of all I made new bumper. The Ideas of it I took from Viper.

New bar now is 50 kg with winch platform. -17kg
Then I changed steel wire of the winch to the sinthetic rope - 12kg
Then I remove air conditioner as it is useless in our region with all tubes and filers - 15kg
Then I set up plastic bonnet -12 kg
Now in plans remove abs block and relocate batteries to the aft under the frame.
Face lifted up to 3cm after that changes) So I'm very glad.
WP_20150204_006.jpg
WP_20150119_002.jpg
WP_20150204_004.jpg
12.jpg
200.jpg

It's time to tell you a story about my trip to the north to the Tolbachik volcano in far 2013.
Total millage of the trip was 1400Km and lasted 6 days.
We started on three cars and 10 persons.
My 1995 LC80, 1996 Surf(forunner) and 2002 Suzuki Jimny.
600km one way, 200km asphalt, 300km unsurfaced road, and 100km+200km(on the aim point around) offroad.

As we live in peninsula, we have very different weather in different parts of peninsula. Near the coast it is very humid and we have frequently mists. In the sentral part there is continenual climite very cold in winter down to -50C and pretty hot at summer up to 40C.

About 100km we went through inpenetrable fog.
Not to kill your suspension on the unsufaced road we spool down presser in weels down to ~1.1 bar. We have terrible quality of the roads and it is necessity.
07.JPG
01.jpg
04.JPG
05.JPG
06.JPG

In 10 hours we find ouself in the village that is the last in our way. Got firewood onto our rofracks as there is no forests and nature reserve.
Got fresh water and food.
And the offroad begins.
First problem was the river. River was really very small cause of very hot summer and only the problem was the Weel hab of Jimny that didnt turned on on unknown reason.
And Jimny little bit stuck without 4wd. But on the third try it overcome the river. Lockright in the rear axle works!
13.JPG
09.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

Then there was a long dirt road with swamps. This moments we didn't photoed unfortenattely. We we on the way already for 12 hours.
We were very got tired. And the s*** happends!
We hear from the radio - jimny is in destress!!!
Investigetion showed that the cross beam of transfer case was broken due to stump.
One hour of thinking and half an hour of making a "Pinokio" from our firewood. We have to bind front drive shuft to the chasis to hold transfer case in right position. So we became only rear 2 weel drive.
18.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.jpg

In 2012 year Tolbachik volcano began to erupt. It made a terrific amount of lava and that time have a active magma cone that was exactly our aim.
It has a grand rad and black ash fields with manu craters of volcanic bombs. Lots of old active cones from 100m to 500m height.
Lots of new lava fields that is still hot.
25.JPG
26.JPG
27.JPG
29.JPG
30.JPG

We meet out friends on Land Cruiser 70 and Touota Hilux. Had a breakfast, fix a Surf that have wheel took off from the disk, fix electic wiring that rubed out near the winch, leave our camp and went to excursion.
28.JPG
31.JPG
32.JPG
33.JPG
34.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom