Builds New 80 In Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they look sharp - nice choice

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Finishing up the Cruiser.. Hood vents were painted separately .... epoxy and seam sealed on the hood

I spoke to Jack at IPOR and they have my grill to copy. I curved the flat steel and epoxied it. Makes a huge difference ....feels structurally strong and will easily support the weight of the mesh and I have one for your grill
I spoke with Lance yesterday and hope to swing by and pick it up when I get back from a trip out west. Paint base coat looks awesome in the photo you posted a couple of spots further down the page- going to look fantastic with those stainless hand polished fender flare bolts.

The truck is pretty much finished ... Slightly transformed .... Black door handles, fixed rear side glass, Line-X pocket flares, mesh grill, Wild Yoats LED daytime running lights, hood vents and side maker turn signal lights. The body shop wants the truck back to finish sanding and buffing the new paint and it needs to back to the tint shop to change the rear glass tint so it matches the middle row glass

P1030908.jpg
P1030894.jpg
P1030879.jpg
P1030877.jpg
P1030874.jpg

Wow super nice. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "It is finished" other than a certain someone. But definitely not saying it about their rig.

I could probably look them up and figure it out but what Dick Cepek AT's? I've never considered a DC tire, what's your verdict on them?

Wow super nice. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "It is finished" other than a certain someone. But definitely not saying it about their rig.

I could probably look them up and figure it out but what Dick Cepek AT's? I've never considered a DC tire, what's your verdict on them?

Hahaha, yeah I meant I'm finish with the body-shop phase. As for the Cepek's here's what i can say. They are pretty noisy on pavement which I don't like. Drove in a snow storm for 6 hours from Golden Co to Vail on back roads and they preformed great in 4-10 inches of snow.
Living in the DC area my plan in the switch to Nitto Terra Grappler G2

Amazing rig - this is one of the first 80 threads I really dug into on 'Mud, I've always been impressed with your choices and attention to detail.

Are those Slee step sliders? If so how are they working out?

Enjoy

J

Hahaha, yeah I meant I'm finish with the body-shop phase. As for the Cepek's here's what i can say. They are pretty noisy on pavement which I don't like. Drove in a snow storm for 6 hours from Golden Co to Vail on back roads and they preformed great in 4-10 inches of snow.
Living in the DC area my plan in the switch to Nitto Terra Grappler G2

Ahh ok that sound better.

Definitely a no then as well for those tires here in AZ. I think you'll like the G2's. Love my original Terra Grapplers.

Amazing rig - this is one of the first 80 threads I really dug into on 'Mud, I've always been impressed with your choices and attention to detail.

Are those Slee step sliders? If so how are they working out?

Enjoy

J

Those are IPOR (Ironpig Offroad) sliders that are welded on and extremely stout. I had them made about 1 inch wider then standard

Don't change the rear window tint, it looks better, change the middle to match the rear!

Don't change the rear window tint, it looks better, change the middle to match the rear!

Great idea and observation... plus it's a lot easier than working in the small area with storage drawers and fridge slide in the back

I almost stared at that paint job as long as i stared at the pictures of the girl in the early part of your thread.......almost. Very nice indeed.

looks great Lou.. I will need your paint contact, wanna repaint the black LX and the 100.

I agree, but that will require swapping the windows for clear glass from a 91-92. Apparently some have used acid to remove the factory "tint". I think @AMMO was of them.

I agree, but that will require swapping the windows for clear glass from a 91-92. Apparently some have used acid to remove the factory "tint". I think @AMMO was of them.

That swap is about to happen. Sourced rear door glass from a 92 for $50 and used windex and a razor blade to remove
old window tint ....which was a PITA. Switched to a steam iron and it came right off including the glue

image.jpeg

Mounted the Noco Battery charger to a temporary platform ....waiting for a creation from Joey at Wit's End.. one has to believe he's working on something for the cargo area
I've run all the wiring from both batteries to the rear of the truck and I'm ready to cut a hole through the body for the shore plug

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom