Builds New 80 In Virginia (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Machine shops in North Va are almost nonexistent but I found a small shop in Falls Church to bore open the centers of the TRD wheels. For others who are considering TRD wheels it’s the rear wheels that hit the nuts of the hub centers and most have used a dremel to gain clearance. When I originally mounted the TRD wheels I made clearance on just two rims and knew that if I had a flat tire I’d be up the creek. So having all five rims bored open for clearance was the right way to go.

953E9C16-6F80-4249-872C-BF999F2D72C4.jpeg

7BB737E8-6378-4D6B-96F0-63E052DD25ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Machine shops in North Va are almost nonexistent but I found a small shop in Falls Church to bore open the centers of the TRD wheels. For others who are considering TRD wheels it’s the rear wheels that hit the nuts of the hub centers and most have used a dremel to gain clearance. When I originally mounted the TRD wheels I made clearance on just two rims and knew that if I had a flat tire I’d be up the creek. So having all five rims bored open for clearance was the right way to go.

View attachment 2726398

View attachment 2726399
Awesome where is this machine shop, might add to the thread that mentions shops, parts etc.

Awesome where is this machine shop, might add to the thread that mentions shops, parts etc.

It’s behind Washinton Diamond

C26AE6E4-F642-449F-A78D-5B3897E5F026.jpeg

There’s a strong possibility my Land Cruiser may be headed out west which is where it belongs so it’s currently down at Iron Pig Offroad for a few additions and upgrades. I’ve had most of the additions sitting around for a few years and it’s time to get it done.

Rebuild the front axles
ARB Diff Breather Kit
Slee Stainless brake lines
New OEM shift knob
Dual Battery Charger and Shore plug
Huracan Tailgate Storage
2013 GS350 Seats installed on Planted brackets
Undercarriage treatment.. Power washed, spot sand blasting, wire wheel.. rust converter and chassis paint
New OME heavy springs and Nitrocharger shocks
TRD wheels center bore opened for hub clearance (finally)
New Goodyear Duratacs 315/75R 16
New Slee Rear Bumper

View attachment 2717453

View attachment 2717455

View attachment 2717456
Wait a minute... does this mean that you are heading west too? Or just the truck?

Didn't know they offered these types of services, my rig definitely needs the same treatment.
They have a dedicated lift just for undercarriage treatment.... I did not expect them to sand blast the axles clean. I was expecting wire wheel and scraping the
scale. They'll almost look new when it's finished and I'm sure my bill will reflect the blasting but I'm ok with that. I wish I had the funds for a frame off.

They have a dedicated lift just for undercarriage treatment.... I did not expect them to sand blast the axles clean. I was expecting wire wheel and scraping the
scale. They'll almost look new when it's finished and I'm sure my bill will reflect the blasting but I'm ok with that. I wish I had the funds for a frame off.
Post up after pics, I did a section last year and man it was tough lol

If you don't mind me asking, why spend all the money if your going to sell the rig?

If you don't mind me asking, why spend all the money if your going to sell the rig?
I had already purchased most of the modifications… seats, diff breathers, tailgate storage etc.. I want to turn over a completed truck… zero questions related to why this or that wasn’t finished. At the end of the day if for some reason it doesn’t sell I’ll be completely happy knowing it’s finished.

There’s no quality substitute for OEM. I’ve been running DEPO clear corners for years ….after about a year I noticed moisture collecting in the passenger side light and a few years later it would take on water in a rain storm. I didn’t know OEM corners came clear until last month and the price was extremely reasonable on PartSouq
$51.74 for the LH and $53.67 for the RH
Shipping was $41.12
Looking at the part number sticker it does say clearance.
I’m sure there’s a thread where these have been available for years I probably just missed it
Here are the part numbers for anyone interested
81611-60083
81621-60063

07CC4FFD-0597-4FD3-83AD-B3FFC9BFCA57.jpeg

I hacked up my hood pretty good installing these vents a few yes back and I was reminded of what a crappie job I did cutting the openings every time I opened the hood. So under the watchful eye of Lance Williams most of you know him. Owner of IPOR
I got to play in the shop today and started trimming and framing up the area around the vents..: I know it doesn’t look that great but once it’s all stitched together…trimmed and painted It will be a huge improvement

CAD17165-0B82-49A0-910D-98F0059C6C4C.jpeg

92CA83CE-9610-443C-B0AF-BBBC81EC3670.jpeg

There’s no quality substitute for OEM. I’ve been running DEPO clear corners for years ….after about a year I noticed moisture collecting in the passenger side light and a few years later it would take on water in a rain storm. I didn’t know OEM corners came clear until last month and the price was extremely reasonable on PartSouq
Shipping was $41.12
I’m sure there’s a thread where these have been available for years I probably just missed it
81611-60083
81621-60063

View attachment 2748066
Nice find for yourself. I didnt know they came in clear as well.

Shipping was $41.12
81611-60083
81621-60063

View attachment 2748066
Nice find. Just picked up a set myself to use or stash since amber units are NLA which I actually bought new a couple of years ago.

How much did the undercarriage treatment cost? I'm in RVA and would love to drop mine off sometime to get treated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom