Builds New 80 In Virginia (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are those kut snake flares? they look good. well the whole truck looks great actually
No these are not Kut Snake...Earlier in my build I ordered a set from China and the fit was horrible. They were ABS like Kut Snake who I know make a slightly larger flair.
These were fiberglass made in the USA by a Mud member. I found the link but he's no longer producing them. I had mine Line-X

Last edited:
Did you do anything with your rain gutters on the repaint job?
Yes, the old molding was removed and replaced with new OEM molding after painting the roof portion thats black

Did you do anything with the old seam sealer / self leveling stuff in the trough or was it clean enough to just paint over?

Truck looks amazing, by the way. I am on IPOR's schedule for June for my 80's frame undercoating based on the results here.

Did you do anything with the old seam sealer / self leveling stuff in the trough or was it clean enough to just paint over?

Truck looks amazing, by the way. I am on IPOR's schedule for June for my 80's frame undercoating based on the results here.
I'd have to ask but based on everything these guys found, corrected and painted without consulting me, I'm sure they would have addressed it If needed. I checked the frame treatment the other day and it still looks new but this trucks been parked indoors and not driven since last year.

The roof rack has been outside for more than a year, I originally installed a really inexpensive light bar and pods which have not held up sitting in the elements and the bed liner on the Rhino Rack had started to peel in the few spots and needed a fresh coat. Nothing special but we started by applying Upol adhesion promoter and used Rust-Oleum bed liner which turned out great. I’ve only used the light bar and pods a few times over the years and considered ditching them but that required removing all the wiring and plugging the holes in the roof so decided to replace them. Adding 4 Diode Dynamic SSCS pods, combo and wide beam and 2 amber Morimoto 2 Bangers rear facing… I will be sourcing shorter bolts. The light bar is a Hella, not expensive and is really slim. I had purchased the Diode Pods to mount on the front bumper of my LX but decided add Morimoto 4 Bangers and Diode Dynamic would not let me return them… I was just outside of their 30 day return policy, so they have a new home. Worked on replacing the vapor barrier and door cards and Jack is cutting holes in the new ARB for the flush mounted 4 Bangers HXB. The HXB pods produce a unbelievable light output. I’ll post some output shots shortly.

13B8D18A-6452-4155-8BB2-0187F7D156E8.jpeg

66CFC945-33D8-4727-B7D5-C9EB639DDE4B.jpeg

09FB1450-636B-4D6D-A663-8E1DD9B5EA50.jpeg

073A862A-D42F-4F75-A1E6-59EAB1A4403D.jpeg

05EDA14D-2BC3-4282-885F-C3FB0ADA9ADF.jpeg

0AE82E16-F89D-4774-948A-C8D8C8F9D7D7.jpeg

DD8438D0-4460-4CFA-B12F-52EF13A3E8B6.jpeg

CA4F093D-6CF4-47C7-B140-B84A499FDBAB.jpeg

016AC8BF-7D52-48B1-879A-93A4331085BE.jpeg

Last edited:
image-1299235414-jpg.859874

2UZFE! Hopefully he is putting in stouter rods for a SC'r! I loved the sound of my SC'd 2UZ in my 55. :steer:😍
I’ll reach out for your advice.. they have quite a few options.

I’ll reach out for your advice.. they have quite a few options.
You know I love super flashy parts but I think realistically even Eagle rods would be totally fine for 99% of 2UZ builds. Spring for the ARP 2000 bolts and they will handle more than we really need. Just have the rods checked with a good machinist and they have been used in a lot of builds with good success!!

If you have money to burn my favorite and the best are probably Carillo but are way overkill.

Eagle ARP 2000 ~$800

Carillo ~$2800

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom