Builds New 80 In Virginia (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's do that... as soon as my truck is back from the body shop ..about 3-4 weeks I'll shoot you a PM

Sweet. Hopefully I will have my 80 up here in NoVa by then, its still in FL.

I'm feeling lucky... Living in an apartment now I still use my friends garage for projects. She reminded me that I left a few boxes up in her storage rafters so climbing up to see. I had a set of Depo Lights and probably one of the last leather kits from Shane for the middle row. Shipping dates Dec 2013...shame to say I forgot about both.. My middle row and front seats have had Tuff Duck covers almost since day one. I added the leather kit to the front seats and ordered the middle row at a later date

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just about finished with the mesh grill....still need to bolt the mesh to grill surround and need to decide if I stick with the red logo ....go back to chrome or another color... I used Rustolium Hammered on the grill and surround which is a good paint for hiding my bondo and sanding imperfection. Now I just need my truck back from the bodyshop and yes the logo is not centered... I just placed it on the meshed for the photo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ha, I was going to say the same. I'm in Richmond and am debating the 4.7 swap and wanted to check it out.

Sounds like a plan, I'll PM you my cell. Please keep me in the loop.
Hey Luke,
Saw your ride at the body shop. They did a great job on the 4.7 swap! Looks like it was done by Toyota. Perfect fit, clean and neat. I work next door, when you come to pick it up if you have the time I would appreciate the chance to see more of your rig. Just tell Seong and he can get me. I hope Mr. Kim is doing the bodywork. He is an artist.
Thanks,
Ron

Hey Luke,
Saw your ride at the body shop. They did a great job on the 4.7 swap! Looks like it was done by Toyota. Perfect fit, clean and neat. I work next door, when you come to pick it up if you have the time I would appreciate the chance to see more of your rig. Just tell Seong and he can get me. I hope Mr. Kim is doing the bodywork. He is an artist.
Thanks,
Ron

Will do Ron.... Shawn has done paint work for our pre-owned dept for 15 years at Lexus and he also painted and picked the tape line for my white roof.. Setting it back about six inches from the gutters so the truck still appears black from the side and I have no doubt the truck will look great when it's done.

Lou

Today, was spent at Excel Body-shop...... I had originally purchased the ill fitting Chinese pocket flares and I'm so glad I only installed them to one side of my truck....I used stainless nutserts and yes I had to drill a bunch of new holes in the truck. So now that I'm having the truck repainted i decided to have the pocket flares that are sold on Mud installed. The problem was the new pocket flare pockets didn't match up with the all the nutserts I had installed and the body shop was afraid to do the install.
It took about three hours and I only had to drill four new holes on the side that had the Chinese brand... the other side was a piece of cake ....taped the flare, drilled the flare and body...enlarge the body hole, add seam sealer and install the nutsert. The flares are getting Line-X and the truck will be finished next Wednesday and back to Ironpig Friday to have the bumpers and rack reinstalled.

DSC00068.JPG
DSC00069.JPG
DSC00070.JPG
DSC00071.JPG
DSC00072.JPG

Last edited:
Grill is looking real nice!!! Reminds me I need to call Lance.

I spoke to Jack at IPOR and they have my grill to copy. I curved the flat steel and epoxied it. Makes a huge difference ....feels structurally strong and will easily support the weight of the mesh and I have one for your grill

Flares - but stainless?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We have a winner! 12 point stainless steel polished flange bolts with countersunk washers for the pocket flares from Diamond Engineering out of FL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom