Builds New 80 In Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've found some plugs from Marinco that I much prefer over the Noco product, having used both.

Black 15 Amp 125 Volt On-Board Charger Inlet | Marinco

Thanks for the link but I like the simple plug and play of the NOCO.... Hard wiring the Marinco would be a pain considering I have to navigate behind the fridge and slide ..... the storage drawers also make reaching into the cargo area really tight. The 379 reviews closed the deal and the NOCO is on the counter.

The Good and the Bad

Today was the day to swap out my rear door glass with the 1993 glass I sourced. Since I recently replaced my rear sliding cargo windows with fixed glass. The fixed glass does not have the bronze reflective factory tint so my truck looked goofy with bronze tint on just the rear doors as you can see in the first photo.
Removing the rear door glass went pretty smooth..unbolt the window regulator and remove both.....to get the quarter glass out I removed 3 small bolts on the door panel and the small screw that's under the weatherstrip on the top of the door that secure the support track.. I'm thinking that was easy so installing the new glass would be a breeze.
I got the new quarter glass in pretty quick but then I spent 2 hours try to get the door glass back in but finally figured it out. (Weatherstrip goes in
last)
Quarter glass goes in first... Bolt the support track on the top edge of the door only... Slip in the door glass and lower it to the bottom of the door. Having just one bolt on the top on the support track allows you to move it just enough to get the door glass into the track and install the regulator
At this point all the was left was to slip the new weatherstrip into the tracks which required a bit of graphite and yes....olive oil... that did the trick and the driver side was done
The bad news is the guy sent me four pieces of driver side glass which I had tinted before installing. I'm glad i figured it out before tearing into my passenger side door panel
At least one side of my truck looks good

p1030908-jpg.1255070

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I am in awe. This is by far one of the most impressive threads that I have ever seen on mud. Your work is something to aspire to for sure. Now one only needs the $$ and the skill to pull it off. The result sure seems worth it.

I am in awe. This is by far one of the most impressive threads that I have ever seen on mud. Your work is something to aspire to for sure. Now one only needs the $$ and the skill to pull it off. The result sure seems worth it.

Thank you, the skills to pull off some of the projects I have but the inspiration comes from MUD members who are constantly creating cool projects to copy.
The MUD member who sent the wrong glass is sending me the passenger glass. BTW if anybody needs glass I have the rear sliding windows and the door glass tinted and ready to install

Last edited:
Thank you, the skills to pull off some of the projects I have but the inspiration comes from MUD members who are constantly creating cool projects to copy.

Well the MUD member who sent the wrong glass is sending me the passenger glass. BTW if anybody needs glass I have the rear sliding windows and the door glass tinted and ready to install

Luke - where did you get the LED lights for your winch bumper?

image-jpeg.1276178

Last edited:
Surely you're not driving that around town looking like that are you?!?! :)

um, yeah... I am left speechless.

What an extraordinary effort. I bet the rig is just a sight to behold.

INCREDIBLE.

Yeah no one builds them like Lou, that is for sure

um, yeah... I am left speechless.

What an extraordinary effort. I bet the rig is just a sight to behold.

INCREDIBLE.

Hey Lou @Luke111 what tint did you go with? It looks like a good darkness, not limo tint but dark enough to look good on a black truck. The shop was telling me to do 15 rear and 35 front.
I'll call the shop in the morning and let you know ...but your numbers look familiar

1. Moving over to 100 forum... Just picked up this sweet LX470 from a client with 126K on the clock. She removed the AHC when it failed and had IPOR do a 2.5 OME lift and torsion bars. I'm having them do the slee diff drop and SPC upper control arms. I'm keeping the 80 for a while and plan on a mild transformation on the LX470.... hahaha.... we'll see how well i stick to that plan but it's going to be my daily driver for a few years so will try and keep it mild

1. New 2006 LX in Virginia
dsc00502-jpg.1377796

Curious what's your interest in going to the 100 series? Do they have more room for the driver? I'm 6'3" and love my 80 series but always feel cramped. Or it was just a cheap opportunity so you went for it?

1. Moving over to 100 forum... Just picked up this sweet LX470 from a client with 126K on the clock. She removed the AHC when it failed and had IPOR do a 2.5 OME lift and torsion bars. I'm having them do the slee diff drop and SPC upper control arms. I'm keeping the 80 for a while and plan on a mild transformation on the LX470.... hahaha.... we'll see how well i stick to that plan but it's going to be my daily driver for a few years so will try and keep it mild
dsc00502-jpg.1377796

Curious what's your interest in going to the 100 series? Do they have more room for the driver? I'm 6'3" and love my 80 series but always feel cramped. Or it was just a cheap opportunity so you went for it?

The lease on my GS is up so I was looking for a daily driver... If you click the link to my LX the story pretty much explains...There is more leg room but I've always liked the Cypress color and it's one of the cleanest LX I've ever seen.....inside and out and even the underside. $16K is not cheap and I'm about to drop another $2K -$3K and that's just to complete the lift, upgrade the head lights to HID new tires and few other goodies. Have you looked into the seat extenders for your 80?

dsc00502-jpg.1377796

Congrats on the new ride. Not sure how the OME rides but the AHC is so comfortable on pothole riddled streets. I've seen your 80 around the area whenever I venture to VA/D.C. I really liked the 100; it was mechanically sound machine with several amenities and tons of aftermarket mods available, etc. I had one for about 2 years and swapped it for my parents 80. My next will probably be another 200 to accommodate my growing family.

The lease on my GS is up so I was looking for a daily driver... If you click the link to my LX the story pretty much explains...There is more leg room but I've always liked the Cypress color and it's one of the cleanest LX I've ever seen.....inside and out and even the underside. $16K is not cheap and I'm about to drop another $2K -$3K and that's just to complete the lift, upgrade the head lights to HID new tires and few other goodies. Have you looked into the seat extenders for your 80?

I did see someone had fabricated a solution for longer rails, but I believe it was something like $600? I have kids in car seats and they are already kicking my seat so pushing it farther back is likely to cut their legs off (which I'm completely fine with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom