Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

K-

Sounds good. I'm navigating through the ACA FUBAR this week (relentlessly) but free Saturday. Gimme a call if/when you have time. Word.
Shane
To get the full impact of the acronym FUBAR you got to spell it out brother...lol!

Only trouble I can see with the Prinsu Design racks is you can't attach a roof top tent to 'em, at least not on their FJ80 model without heavy customization of the RTT itself. I def can't easily see how you'd attach a James Baroud or Howling Moon for example.

Not sure if that was ever something you might want to do down the road...

A RTT is definitely is the plans - and man, I sure missed that on the Prinsu rack. I'll email them and see if it can be modified - or possibly an attachment made to accommodate a RTT in the future.

And the list continues to grow, lol. . .

A RTT is definitely is the plans - and man, I sure missed that on the Prinsu rack. I'll email them and see if it can be modified - or possibly an attachment made to accommodate a RTT in the future.

And the list continues to grow, lol. . .

Their cross bars themselves might be too wide, but that's easy to over come if they are, rather it's that they are building them really tight to the roof line, at least in the images they posted of the FJ80 version. I'm also curious to hear how much they weigh

Every RTT I've seen mounts like the image below. Ideally you also need some working space for your arm to tighten or loosen the bolts...otherwise you'd install the tent on the ground and then always need 4 people to help remove your entire rack if you needed to take off the tent.

Snap On makes a great long neck wrench when you get there...

Last edited:
It's time to break the 's***s about to get real' glass, sit back and put your oxygen mask on.

Found a metal fabricator - local - for the dash and door panel projects.

I just pissed myself. . .

Shane

Looking at your thread like..
500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

haha.. for real though this is one of the most unique builds I've ever seen. I'm loving it man.

My wife & friends would tell you - the above is my M.O., lol, but seriously. . .my 'go' button is always on the ready.

@drillduty

Where'd my beautifully constructed reply to the above go? Hmm. . .
Priceless exactly the response I was rooting for..I forwarded to a few of my Ranger buddies and couldn't stop laughing! Your doing great stuff battle buddy! Thanks for sharing your always brilliant responses!

Priceless exactly the response I was rooting for..I forwarded to a few of my Ranger buddies and couldn't stop laughing! Your doing great stuff battle buddy! Thanks for sharing your always brilliant responses!

@drillduty

Much appreciated.

We just hosted a benefit for the 'K9's for Warriors' this past Friday night. Had an awesome turnout - about 400-425 total at an old VFW post. Me and a buddy chipped-in and put a Sig MK25/Navy on the auction block (brought in $1200); buddy of mine at a gun shop put up a Ruger 10/22 takedown, SS, and got $900; silent/live auctions, bunch of cursing/rowdiness, and an overall great night for an even greater cause. Hoping we hit the 35-40K mark for the night.

Making-up for past sins, brother. . .

Billy Matranga ring a bell? What years did you serve? Feel free to PM. . .

Shane

ps - if you have a copy of that reply, can you send it to me. . .sounds like a good idea for a t-shirt.

pss - have you been to RangerUp's website? Their metalwork signs are top notch - pricey but worth it IMO - got two hanging in my office.

Ranger Up American Liquid Metal Signs

In support of France:

I've been warned to watch my language (recent post bashing our useless, spineless president). So, with that said, I'll post the most non-offensive pic equates to a 1000 words I can. . .

Shane

Last edited:
Let's see. . .how do I start this. . .hmm. . .

I'm going dark on the build for a bit - no, not selling, not abandoning, nothing negative. Will still complete the interior but the frame/drivetrain is under review.

180 change of plans.

Tired of the project here, project there. . .tried of overlap with some of the projects.

Spent the last week debating not only where I wanted to go but more importantly, what I wanted the finished project to be. . .

I'll post the plan as soon as I get Mel to sign-off on it (fingers crossed, panic attack to commence in 5, 4, 3. . .)

Stay tuned. . .

Shane

Just finished reading your thread and keen to see the new direction. To be honest you've got me reconsidering doing a V8 in my own 60. I dig the fresh out of the factory only better vibe you've got going.

Let's see. . .how do I start this. . .hmm. . .

I'm going dark on the build for a bit - no, not selling, not abandoning, nothing negative. Will still complete the interior but the frame/drivetrain is under review.

180 change of plans.

Tired of the project here, project there. . .tried of overlap with some of the projects.

Spent the last week debating not only where I wanted to go but more importantly, what I wanted the finished project to be. . .

I'll post the plan as soon as I get Mel to sign-off on it (fingers crossed, panic attack to commence in 5, 4, 3. . .)

Stay tuned. . .

Shane

Just what we come to expect from Shane........the unexpected :lol::lol:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom