Needed: H55F Transmission Mechanic in Long Island (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to MUD but have an 85 FJ60 that needs to have a new rear seal and transfer case rebuild. While having that addressed, I figure I might as well put in the 5 speed transmission. My truck's current transmission has the spacer on it so it would be the easier swap. I wanted to see if anyone had any reputable shops on long island that could do it.

I bought a completely rebuilt split case and a brand new h55f as a unit from @orangefj45

No regrets. Had it in my 87 in a day. Put a new transmission mount, oil pan, oil pan gasket, rear main seal and a clutch with a resurfaced flywheel.

18,500 miles since and I’ve had no issues.

Just find a good shop to do the remove and replace. There’s nothing special to it.

E9E90190-32B6-49B8-A1C1-37E9DFC6EB9E.jpeg

That's why I asked if he already had the transmission. Gotham City Land Cruisers members get a great discount from the local dealer. A friend just recently got a new H55 through that deal... Great price, no tax, no shipping. And yes, rebuilding a transfer is easy peasy, especially since it has to come apart anyway.

So I use Hunter's Garage on larkfield road in East Northport for all of my non cruiser automotive work. For the most part I do all of my own work on my cruisers. That said Glenn Hunter understands older vehicles and runs a great shop. He would probably do the swap for you. I trust him completely. Contact me directly if you'd like more info

To make it easier for you you might want to contact me directly before you contact Huntington Toyota. They are accustomed to talking to me first. Do you already have the part number?

You screen calls for the dealer?
No but I'm the one that they talk to when club members need to place an order most of the time. They also refer people to me all the time when they get calls about older Toyota parts, and part numbers.

No but I'm the one that they talk to when club members need to place an order most of the time. They also refer people to me all the time when they get calls about older Toyota parts, and part numbers.
I actually did not know this... glad I’ve followed. I only tagged you because of the location. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom