Need a word of avdvice (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was recently on a search for an FJ40. I spotted one from the road and talked with the guy. His 40 was not for sale but while talking he did say he had 3 55’s for sale, 2 with a title.

He showed me around them and I believe 1 is a definite builder and one of the others might be. The worst one has disc breaks on the front. I know there’s enough to get one going, it was missing the rear door but even the interior was all there, he stayed he drove it to where it’s been parked.

There’s a lot of passionate people here for the old 55’s and I’m getting there.

It’s 3 trips for a rollback to retrieve them all. I don’t have any pics as I was not hunting them at the time.

Realistically, if after getting them all home, if they’re just parts Riggs, what are they worth?

I’ll try my 2 cents I’ve had both The 40 you get a convertible short wheel base, great trail rig, not much room for family with kids. 55 you have lots of room but. You have more sheets metal long over hang What do want to do with it, sooner or later you might want to go on a harder trail Just think about what you want to do with it. Hard trails or just trails . Hope that helps

Realistically, if after getting them all home, if they’re just parts Riggs, what are they worth?
Welcome to the sty!

Even a few items like mirrors, lights & tailgate handles seem to be bringing $$ these days, so even if you save only one there should be some funding in parts.

Obviously a few pics will go a long way to getting an armchair valuation done.

I know I was very vague as I didn’t know what to look for before I read through some posts here.

I had a CJ7 years ago but family issues made it impractical. I recently sold my Montero that I took anywhere I wanted. I only have a 4x4 Superduty now but it’s worthless off solid roadbed.

I’m in the Ozark foothills, I’m looking for a run around light wheeling vehicle.

I’m going to make a offer for all three and if it’s more than I can handle, I know some folks around might need them.

Arkansas.

I’ll let you all know if we can make a deal

Hey Uncle,

Have you thought about what you want to do with them. Fix one up for yourself, turn a quick profit, etc.?

I thought about fixing one for myself and passing on what’s left over.

I have very good mechanical abilities but I am not a body guy. After I get them home, I’ll have to be honest with myself on what I can actually hope to do if I do keep one.

I just knew from reading the members here, that I had to get them out of where the are .

The parts are almost impossible to find for certain items and others are around but also expensive.
if I were you I would make a choice on what your idea of a solid body is. That way it’s worth the most to you due to body condition and sell or part out the other two. Parting out typically is a higher yield on your investment.

Last edited:
I got the towing quote to get all three to my house. I’ll be all in at just shy of $3000, purchase and delivery.

I’ll have pics tomorrow as the guy was not available today for me to go by.

One way or the other, they’re mine now......

CDEB2F11-B674-4DAA-BAD9-99B226FFB37E.jpeg
34E4940F-3818-45BA-AA17-52EEA76CF11B.jpeg
3DFD8E59-CBA8-448E-8DDF-8FA22293D2DC.jpeg
884D2B5C-D55B-4233-BF94-88B0D614B1FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom