My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

could you return to this topic to try to identify all the how can I install this device in my windows?
from Costa Rica

I'm sorry, I don't really have any specifics or parts to make it work other than the window motors out of a Ford minivan. I basically attached the motor to the window and made a bracket out of 16 gauge sheet metal to hold the motor. The metal was held in by 2 screws that were using the factory holes that the latch uses.

I'm sorry I can't be more help with this, you'll just have to get a motor and make a mount for it.

20160221_093147_Richtone(HDR).jpg

You're exactly right... the huge bolt threads into where the normal filter would thread. There is a huge o-ring that goes on the outside, just like a filter. This is a very high quality kit, it's all machined aluminum. I bought the $50 Summit special and it was a joke. Not only that, the fittings came out from the adapter straight, not at a 90, which almost defeats the purpose of having an adapter to make room.

It is very easy to clock the adapter, just point it and tighten the bolt. Here's the kit-

Canton Racing Products 22-824 Canton Racing Remote Oil Filter Kits | Summit Racing - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-22-824/overview/

I did not buy the kit, I just bought the adapter and filter mount separately so I could use black hose and fittings, rather than the Earls.
Did you eliminate the oil cooler when you went remote? I’m gathering parts for a similar swap. Thanks for the inspiration!

Did you eliminate the oil cooler when you went remote? I’m gathering parts for a similar swap. Thanks for the inspiration!
I did not use an oil cooler for this build.

I did not use an oil cooler for this build.
Considering when this thread started, I'm surprised to see you still responding. I'm a tech guy so the panels and actuators just made me so happy. The amount of planning and research required is admirable. I hope life is treating you well, good luck with future projects (reading the FJ45.5 now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom