My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was camped down the same row as you in a Red 200 and Kimberley Karavan at the end. I was glad I got to look at your 40 in person. Wish I would have stopped by to say Hi. It is a beautiful truck

Tell the truth, how much time did it take to detail the truck for every photo. Nothing I own is that clean the day after a wash much less a day of driving a dusty road. That said, the images are beautiful. Good idea on the Rotopax position on the Yeti basket.

Too funny I had this exact same thought! :rofl: Of all the incredible technology housed in this truck, the most amazing of all is the dirt-resistant paint.

Too funny I had this exact same thought! :rofl: Of all the incredible technology housed in this truck, the most amazing of all is the dirt-resistant paint.
I think it is his :princess: patience that is most amazing.;)

Still great truck and fantastic pictures, Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
images.jpg

This is what I keep thinking of every time I see the triple wipers. But I do like them. The other thing that I was wondering if you addressed was the most common Cruiser problem. Where is the cupholder?

After much consideration, I have decided to sell my UZJ40. It is time to start on my next project, and it will help immensely if I sell this one first. If interested, please see the ad below.

Thank you!

For Sale - 1976 FJ40 - 2UZ - 5 Spd Auto - ARB Locked

Whats the next project? Saw your rig at cruise moab from afar, but didn't get a chance to see it up close.

Honestly, I don't exactly know. It will have a bed, possibly IFS, definitely a 2UZ though. I absolutely love this drivetrain.

Honestly, I don't exactly know. It will have a bed, possibly IFS, definitely a 2UZ though. I absolutely love this drivetrain.
Frankly I wouldn't sell your cruiser if I were u. You have an awful lot of labor into it, and I think it's a shame to just move onto another project with it only being finished for such a short amount of time. If it's not a big enough rig for your needs you could stretch it into a fj43 or even into a troopy without too much labor. Unless your bored of going on expedition wheeling trips. But I think for expedition/wheeling u have a almost perfect setup with the trailer on the back except for that a 40 can be a little small inside for long trips.

Disregard- went back and looked. Scs. Worth goin back anyway and rereading the build.

Did you get em on line or in a shop?

Last edited:
Saw this for sale and took a peek..... Most humble I’ve felt in a while - I couldn’t even imagine such a build! :hmm:
GLWS..... or even better GLWNS!

Damn, Riley, there's a whole bunch of Mudders who are gonna be sorry this thread is ending :cry:

Read the entire build after seeing your ad. Congrats on a great project and thanks for sharing it with us!

Very sad morning... pulling it out of the garage for the last time wasn't easy. Here's a picture of me 7 years ago, picking it up in Oregon. I was single, no dog, no house, no major responsibilities.

2011-08-20_12-42-54_897.jpg

So, I suppose a lot has changed since then, and all of it for the better! One last picture with it the other evening with the additions to my life since then-

lastpic.jpg

And the last photo of it I'll take-

20180521_085634.jpg

Thanks for following along MUD. Lots of nice comments and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without the help of MUD and the Land Cruiser community. I accomplished all of my goals when I set out to build this thing, and then some. I had a blast and saw places I wouldn't have thought about going with a different vehicle.

Until the next one... :beer:

dang man!! sorry to see it but this is one of the most awesome build threads ever!! cheers man!! and thanks for the inspiration!!

Sad to see that amazing beast go, but I think we will all look anxiously to see your next endeavor! I personally really like that you kept a Toyota drivetrain in it. To me one of the great things about Toyota 4WD’s are their durability, reliability and longevity. I never understood putting a lesser engine from a domestic into such a quality vehicle. To me that we be like putting a Hyundai engine in a Ferrari! I know a thing about reliability and longevity as my ‘01 Tundra with the 4.7 that I bought new has original motor and drivetrain with 366K on her, doesn’t leak a drop and still dependable. Hope the mud community can follow along on your next project. I have zero doubts it will also be something special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom