My TLC experience (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And DJ is a bad mf-er! He's crushing it!

I know PRLC does excellent work. I did my homework, it is why I chose them. I've been very happy with everything. From talking to people, pricing, approach/methodology and the confidence knowing my beloved little rattle trap is in good hands. The only thing I would bitch about, is the state of the world right now and how difficult things have been made for those of us that run small businesses.

Did I mention being excited?

65006.jpeg

64946.jpeg

64972.jpeg

64970.jpeg

I write things on tape all the time. The one on the glove compartment is the height of the vehicle when I was debating on how I was going to get it out to Colorado. It was too tall to fit in my brother's car trailer. It'd fit in my cargo trailer for work, but I have zero tie downs inside. I ended up putting it on the gooseneck, but it wasn't my first choice being winter.

64969.jpeg

Hey, I recognize those pictures :rofl:

I'm 1200 miles away. You should be thankful I'm not within commuting distance. JP would have a restraining order on me for being annoying.

And thank you for sending them DJ. 😁

Not a problem! Happy to!

nope, just gonna twist your frame !!!
great build.
Maybe, but a good sized doe didn't fold up the bumper that was on there. I think, (not certain), it's a factory bumper that somebody rattle canned black. It did dent it though. It swiped her legs and her torso rolled into the bib. I'm hoping the pre-runner bar will prevent that in the future.

I did manage to hammer two deer last fall with it.

Prevention being better than a cure in almost all scenarios, I'm putting a good amount of light in that bumper as well.

These two will get mounted in the wings. 4752 lumens. I don't know if that's for the pair, or individually.
20220723_193532.jpg

I'm putting two 6" round Rigid lights in the middle. Those are 8670 lumens. I also don't know if that is for the pair or not.

Should be daylight in front of me at night if I have the road to myself.

Few more weeks.

I've got a buddy that lives in Salt Lake City, I think I am going to pick up the 40, then drive up and see him for a day. I've never been there. I'd like to see the great Salt Lake, the Tabernacle would be interesting to see, and the Landcruiser museum is there as well.

I made PRLC a present.

20220801_090051.jpg

And a super boring video of a German robot cutting it out.

I ordered some pull switches from Jegs or summit. Not bad switches, but they don't feel right. You know what feels just like a Toyota switch? Oddly enough, a Toyota switch.... 😁 I ordered a couple of 84162-60010 fog light pull switches from Cruiser Cult. I accidentally received a pair of blank knobs.

20220811_170709.jpg

20220811_170953.jpg

I'm going to call this a happy accident. I had a friend print a set of these for me, but these will require a bit less work to get to final, and I'm lazy. I contacted Cruiser Cult, they're getting the proper switches to me, I still need to order a set of these knobs so I can square up on that. He said don't worry about it, but that's not how I operate.

The end goal is to use the switches to engage both lockers. I spent an hour or so yesterday after work coming up with a design/program to engrave in the end. I also ordered some .0625" tapered ball nose tools to do the engraving. I'll have to come up with some sort of fixture to hold the knob in Das German CNC. I've got some ideas, but the simpler the better.

The outside circles are just for me and a visual reference, there's no tooling associated with those lines. I don't think these are the final that I came up with either. I'm thinking I want to be a 1/16" into the knob to make painting as easy as possible.

20220812_153518.jpg

20220812_154710.jpg

I'm not sure where my project is at this week. DJ sent me these two pictures last weekend. Looks like the condenser, intercooler, and radiator are in. With plumbing and wiring left. The last 5% is 95% of the effort.

Looks like steering is not connected either.

The snorkel looks pretty cool. I decided on the snorkel for a handful of reasons.

1. It does look neat (I think anyways)
2. It's drawing cooler air from outside the engine bay.
3. It's drawing air from higher up which should help with dust.

I have zero intent on fording anything hood deep.

I bought a used apron from Classic Cruisers. The original will remain unmolested. When paint happens, I'll have it painted to match just in case the next owner decides they don't like being awesome or they decide sucking hot air from the engine bay is a good idea. 😆

66587.jpeg

66589.jpeg

Maybe next time the news whores tell us what to think while selling fear and advertising space, can we step back and be a little more subjective? Maybe examine the consequences of our actions a little closer prior to leaping off the cliff? The supply chain is a dangerous thing to muddle with. Whether rural Minnesota kid gets his favorite toy back, doesn't matter. But every industry is in turmoil, and that is precarious.

I think we're getting down to the short strokes now. It runs and lives. Still short the radiator shroud, and the top support for the condenser, intercooler, and the radiator.

67972.jpeg

Some previous owner, whacked a hole in the dash to the right of the cluster. The Murphy gauge for the little Cummins was able to go there, and that makes me happy.

67706 (1).jpeg

Being I don't have any use for the choke cable any longer, and there is a hole below that Murphy gauge, I'm thinking about moving the pull switch for the hazards to that hole. Removing the choke cable. That leaves me with two unmolested holes to put the two Toyota fog light switches I just got that I intend to activate the air lockers with. Thoughts?

Penis owner whacked.... errr, I mean previous owner hack job on the tunnel remediated.

67958.jpeg

And the rear swing outs coming to fruition. I'm excited in general, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this finalized. I'm hoping my idea of how the latches work isn't a total failure. I've got a far more complicated and expensive idea if it is. Might be cheaper for me to pick up a lathe than to pay for the prototyping of that idea though....😄😮🤔😬

67954.jpeg

You could use a pull fan or wiper switch to activate the lockers. Off/low/high would become off/rear/front.
A mud member makes custom knobs too. I don't recall who though.
That could leave the other spot for you fog light switch to actually control lights

Last edited:
You could use a pull fan or wiper switch to activate the lockers. Off/low/high would become off/rear/front.
A mud member makes custom knobs too. I don't recall who though.
That could leave the other spot for you fog light switch to actually control lights

What I'd like to find is a pull switch, that has three rotational positions.
Pull:
In = off
Out = on

Rotation:
Left = front
Center = front & rear
Right = rear

Redline Land Cruisers (I think?) makes a machined aluminum knob. You can get blanks. They're anodized black and they do sell blanks. A buddy has a small cnc with a laser on it. Apparently it'll chew/burn through anodizing no sweat.

I bought the switches from Cruiser Cult. He posts here. There was a mix up and I got the knobs. No worries, I was debating about buying his replica knobs anyways, so it just forced my hand is all.

FYI, the print quality is REALLY good. I emailed him asking about material to do some research on using the laser on that. It looks like it's the type that prints in goop (technical term....). I have very little exposure to 3D printing, and zero with the submerged printing.

Swing outs and both bumpers should be headed out for powder coating. I can't wait to see these done.

I'm also very much looking forward to not being able bounce anything off of the tub, and having them hold themselves open with the strut.

68538.jpeg

68542.jpeg

68537.jpeg

68446.jpeg

PRLC's cooler rack is made for the Yeti 45. I don't know what it is, but the thought of buying one has always bugged me. But, now I'm screwed, and I needed to get one.

But it's fixed now. 😂

20220809_192249.jpg

Also started working up a model for a stereo faceplate. It'll need a whole mess of tweaking, and a few cut from mdf before I do the final.
I also have zero clue how I'm going to mount the head unit. There's some threads here that'll help, but I don't EXACTLY know what has been butchered on mine, and what kind of work around I'll have to come up with.

20220827_153315.jpg

20220827_145049.jpg

Seven more sleeps, and I'll get my toy back. 😄

And DJ is a bad mf-er! He's crushing it!

I know PRLC does excellent work. I did my homework, it is why I chose them. I've been very happy with everything. From talking to people, pricing, approach/methodology and the confidence knowing my beloved little rattle trap is in good hands. The only thing I would bitch about, is the state of the world right now and how difficult things have been made for those of us that run small businesses.

Did I mention being excited?

View attachment 3065358

View attachment 3065359

View attachment 3065360

View attachment 3065361

I write things on tape all the time. The one on the glove compartment is the height of the vehicle when I was debating on how I was going to get it out to Colorado. It was too tall to fit in my brother's car trailer. It'd fit in my cargo trailer for work, but I have zero tie downs inside. I ended up putting it on the gooseneck, but it wasn't my first choice being winter.

View attachment 3065362

This came stock from the Ambo company…

Clearance.jpg

Surprisingly handy (even though I now need to add 3”)

This came stock from the Ambo company…

View attachment 3101915

Surprisingly handy (even though I now need to add 3”)

Back when I used to race small catamaran sailboats, I had a trailer setup to haul three boats at a time. I think it was something like 10' 3" tall all loaded up. I always stuck a piece of tape to the dash with the height written in an attempt to keep stupid at bay.

Some days the belly button polish is outta reach, and you don't have a friend handy to help pull your head out of your ass for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom