Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A Chevy dude here has just shortened his overloads, as he snagged on them too often.
He says he feels it does not affect the ride, and maybe not the load capacity, other than with full 1t load on the bed.
I think he shaved 3 in both front and rear of the leaf.

A Chevy dude here has just shortened his overloads, as he snagged on them too often.
He says he feels it does not affect the ride, and maybe not the load capacity, other than with full 1t load on the bed.
I think he shaved 3 in both front and rear of the leaf.

Thanks for the measurements. I've definitely thought about shortening them.

Fortunately, since they stick out below the pack, I can shorten them when they're installed :D

Thanks guys! 27 years old now :hillbilly:

Changed the oil in Moonshine yesterday :lol:

27 jesus thats way too young.... hbd man.

D

Happy Birthday Johnny!

Damn, I'm almost 20 years older than you. :crybaby:

those are some young aged birds posting here.....

lets say I was way out of college when my FJ60 (1986) was first sold...

dougbert

Last edited:
Not that I had much seat time in my blue cruiser but the few times I did drive it I felt like the rear end was "loose" without overloads.

Good info, thanks bud.

Much cutting and welding will commence this weekend.

That makes two of us! just turned 18

I thought I was one of the younger ones here at 24... Times change, but I was on the forum when y'all were less than 10! Lol

So Johnny you're going to shorten the overloads this weekend? I may have missed it but is this just because of the wheeling capability or load requirements?

So Johnny you're going to shorten the overloads this weekend? I may have missed it but is this just because of the wheeling capability or load requirements?

It was discussed to shorten the overloads, but I'm going to leave them for now. I can always go back and cut them later.

Also, Zach said that his truck felt "loose" without the overloads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom