Orion, toy box Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has any attempted to build this combination. I blew my 3 speed transfer case and bought a Orion and trying to match the toy box to it.
Dennis

I don’t think you can match in Orion transfer case to toy box, I think you have to have a split case.
I'm 99% sure there were a very limited number of Marlin toy boxes built to work with the single piece cases.

on edit, here is an example:

Last edited:
If you had a one piece transfer case behind the Toybox already, theoretically, you should be able to swap the necessary gears into the Orion and bolt it up.

If you had a one piece transfer case behind the Toybox already, theoretically, you should be able to swap the necessary gears into the Orion and bolt it up.
That’s what I was also assuming, but I have no clue at all.

The Toy box is Marlin, call big mike and ask. If the 3spd you blew up had the toy box in front of it then the orion will go on you need to have the right spline count on the orion input gear. You will not be swapping any of the gears from the old 3spd case to the orion. When you bought your Orion what input gear did it come with ? AFAIK the input gears in different splines are available so you should not have any trouble. ? tho, if you have a 4:1 Orion you still want a toy box in front, that will be stupid low IMO. That will be like get out and walk beside truck low gears.

I have this combination. Sm420 to toybox to Orion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom