Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad they are working out for you Johnny. Also glad i showed you the old man way of mounting tires, or is it the cheap way ?

Now all we got to do is start working on the tub.

Those pit bulls look great... :cool:

Thanks Jason. I'm looking forward to wheeling with you. Maybe I'll be able to hold my own against your 40:D

Glad they are working out for you Johnny. Also glad i showed you the old man way of mounting tires, or is it the cheap way ?

Now all we got to do is start working on the tub.

And ya busted me with coffee in my hand.

I'll give you a call in a week or two when I'm ready to come down and work on the body. What metal should I get to cap the rockers, 16 gauge mild steel? Do you have a shutz gun to spray bedliner?

How much did they run ya?

The pits, the wheels, the coating or the parts to rebuild everything?

That thing looks sweet. You should buy some nice sliver hardware from my hardware store.

I chose to black mine out entirely when I rebuilt the 2f.

rebuild thread is here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/493866-2f-fail.html

nice job!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

I love it man, good work. I fear that I am going down the same road in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the compliments. When I come out west next summer, we should wheel together. Your smurf blue 60 is awesome:grinpimp:

The new body looks CLLLLEEEEEAAAAAN! You are gonna run some sliders, right?
Are you gonna do some chopping for the rub with the new tires?
Must be nice to have access to a shop like that!

I got a smoking deal, $1000 for the set. They had only been on 1 run and trailered there, so they're basically new.

The new body looks CLLLLEEEEEAAAAAN! You are gonna run some sliders, right?
Are you gonna do some chopping for the rub with the new tires?
Must be nice to have access to a shop like that!

I'm going to cut and cap both the rockers and quarters and then run sliders with a mimic-boat slider design. The front fenders are going to get all kinds of cut up to fit and I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the rear yet, most likely leave it with the chop.

That body is clean, isn't it? Big change for me:hillbilly:

The shop isn't mine but the shop of CanucksCruisers. Darin, the owner / operator, is the man and that's where the swap will happen.

I forget.... Are you running the chevy springs?
Since you're there, you could pull the hangers, move the rear axle back which will allow you to chop the rear quarter as opposed to chopping into the rear door. That will also HELP with some of that ass end over hang.

If you want to spray the liner i use i have a gun for it.

I use the Raptor liner.

Either black or tintable to the color you want.

Thanks for posting my site here, might bring me some more work.

I forget.... Are you running the chevy springs?
Since you're there, you could pull the hangers, move the rear axle back which will allow you to chop the rear quarter as opposed to chopping into the rear door. That will also HELP with some of that ass end over hang.

I intend to run the chevy springs but I haven't converted yet. I do want to extend my wheelbase to the rear a bit, but I haven't decided how much yet. How do you suggest I cut the rear, something like Freds40 did? I am strongly considering doing that but I do not have much in the way of sheet metal welding skill.

If you want to spray the liner i use i have a gun for it.

I use the Raptor liner.

Either black or tintable to the color you want.

Thanks for posting my site here, might bring me some more work.

Good to know, I'll definitely spray the liner on then. Way easier than rolling or brushing, especially because you have it on a rotiserrie:grinpimp:

No problem Darin. You've done me well so I'll pimp your site any way I can. Have some vinyl decals made up and I put them on the new body when I get it installed:D

Only ONE WAY to learn!!! :)
It's a PITA, but it's just a series of spot welds to make a bead.
If it were me, I'd avoid cutting into the rear door sill at all cost! Seen those, and haven't seen one that looks right.

How do you suggest I cut the rear, something like Freds40 did?

FWIW, If I were to do it again that's exactly what I would do. Looks nicer that way. For stretching I've added about 3" to my rear. With 37" and 3" that body mount starts to get in the way which is why I clearance'd mine so if you go more just plan on taking it out.

Only ONE WAY to learn!!! :)
It's a PITA, but it's just a series of spot welds to make a bead.
If it were me, I'd avoid cutting into the rear door sill at all cost! Seen those, and haven't seen one that looks right.

I hear you there. I'd love to do it, just kinda apprehensive. I want it to look perfect before I lean it into a boulder:hillbilly:

FWIW, If I were to do it again that's exactly what I would do. Looks nicer that way. For stretching I've added about 3" to my rear. With 37" and 3" that body mount starts to get in the way which is why I clearance'd mine so if you go more just plan on taking it out.

That is really good to know. I may end up going that route, especially because that body mount's rivets are already drilled out. Based on your advice, I'm seriously considering this route now.

Johnny, have been known to do some welding with my welder here.

Think we can handle this Darin?
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/221512-freds40-builds-60-a-7.html#post3736035

just what stevo said. Take your time with sheet metal..dont rush it, take lots of beer/smoke breaks as you want it to cool and stay cool. Sheet metal will warp quickly with to much heat..
Rig is looking great!
Happy to see you got a body too. and man what a shop you have access too there. Very envious!!!

That new body is going to look great.
Don't be intimidated by welding sheet metal, just take it slow and you'll be fine.

Pits look good too.

Thanks Stevo. I'm excited to finally have a, hold your breath, rust free rig.

just what stevo said. Take your time with sheet metal..dont rush it, take lots of beer/smoke breaks as you want it to cool and stay cool. Sheet metal will warp quickly with to much heat..
Rig is looking great!
Happy to see you got a body too. and man what a shop you have access too there. Very envious!!!

I'm definitely going to have to research this more. It seems doable especially if we put off cutting the rockers. Darin, what do you think?

Pits needed more room
IMG_20111129_223528.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom