Metal Tech 4x4 - 100 Series Land Cruiser Offset Lower Links (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
We finally got the 100 series links back from production and ready to be purchased. Metal Tech 4x4 is now offering our unique offset lower links for the 100 series Land Cruiser featuring Currie Johnny Joints. The links are cnc lathed with full thread engagement on the johnny joint, uses Daystar polyurethane bushings, .25 wall bushing sleeves, powder coated black and comes with replacement 9/16" grade 8 hardware! These links can be adjusted to any length desired and allow for a full 30* of rotation on the axle.

Metal Tech 4x4 100 Series Land Cruiser Offset Lower Links

631_1_.jpg

A unique feature of the offset bushing shell design is a smooth transition surface on the link when grinding up against an obstacle. In the attached photos below you can see how the tubing sits below the axle mount providing maximum protection. Often the axle link mounts get beat up from hitting rocks, this will help prevent further damage.
LC100-02.jpg
LC100-03.jpg
LC100-01.jpg

Awesome! Any plans for a bolt on armor kit for the rear axle mount? I hit them on ledges constantly, a link that sits below the mount is fine, however it's the front of the mount that gets hammered. Now if somebody made an adjustable panhard.

My lower control arm is a little bend and it's about time to get it replace.
Any group buy or Mud discount plan?

Is the zerk on the adjustable side (frame side) supposed to be facing down (looks like it is in 3rd pic)? Can it still be accessed if facing upwards so that it won't get ripped off?

go spresso or go home!!

Very cool. I too would love to see some bolt on mounting bracket protection.

Very cool... these will be in my near future (post future OEM bent links).

Sent from my droid

Is the zerk on the adjustable side (frame side) supposed to be facing down (looks like it is in 3rd pic)? Can it still be accessed if facing upwards so that it won't get ripped off?

x2

I was wondering the exact same thing... would love to know the answer to this.

My lower control arm is a little bend and it's about time to get it replace.
Any group buy or Mud discount plan?

Not sure on a group buy yet but we always have our ih8mud discount of 5% using the coupon code: ih8mud

x2

I was wondering the exact same thing... would love to know the answer to this.

The grease zirks can be pointed upwards, just happen to be pointed down since I was matching the exact length of the stock links. You can still gain access to the grease zirk in the up position.

Very nice design, the smooth transition is smart and would really help!

Is the price on your site for 1 link or one pair? I couldn't tell.

Thanks,

Once again, Metal Tech has produced a class-leading, superbly engineered product. The fit and finish is everything you'd expect from an MT product.

I've had these on for a week now and to my surprise they've improved the on-road experience quite a bit. Immediately I noticed a change in 'trackability' and 'quietness' in the rear. It's not that it's any more quiet from a noise sense, it's that it feels solid back there. Any hint of vagueness or wandering is gone. It feels like a tight new truck. Probably that the old bushings were allowing a lot of squirm and shift under load. Although, I do have both upper and lower links installed which may make a difference in that regard (my 100 was the template MT used for fabrication design of both links, not sure if they're intending to release the uppers any time soon).

From a durability standpoint you're not going to be breaking these. Ever. And I know there's some trick armor in the works to protect the axle mount.

Have not used them off-road yet, but did roll on the RTI just to see how they flex and they're great. About a month before I had RTI'd the truck (there's a video here on the sticky). Unfortunately, we didn't measure the before/after. I wish we had because it feels like it's articulating better. Although max articulation isn't the primary goal, it's more durability and responsiveness (the MT links have much less resistance to flex than the stock joints).

Here are some pictures. If you're in the Portland area and want to see them in person I'd be more than happy to make arrangements.

Very nice! Now I really have to choose between Slee or MT. They both make really good product.

Coming up next is the our 100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470 upper links. These will come with the Currie Johnny Joint, powder coated black and 9/16" grade 8 replacement hardware. These will be off to powder coat today and will be up on the website by the end of this week. Pricing is to TBA once we have them officially posted to our shopping cart.
100 Upper Links.jpg

Someone correct me if I am wrong but don't the stock rubber bushings allow for not just flex of the joint during articulation but extension as well? Isn't that just the nature of the 5 link suspension setup that you need extension of the joint as well as flex to provide for max articulation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom