Land Cruiser 100. Year 2000. New FOB programming (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a year 2000 Land Cruiser 100 Amazon ( Amazon is the UK European version).
I have a master key with FOB and a valet key. I thought it would be a good idea to have a second spare master key with FOB.
I ordered a new Land Cruiser 100 key type online. it is a 314MHz - HYQ1512V - 4C Chip.
The key is already cut.

First I programmed the key chip. I can start the engine with this new key perfectly.

Then I tried to program the FOB.
I followed the procedure described below:

How to Program a 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Key less Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:

1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out.

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock).
B. Close, then open drivers door.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock).
B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder.
C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
D. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds the power door locks should cycle automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1 second.
B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks do not cycle, or cycle twice. repeat steps A and B in step 6 as your remote has not been accepted.
C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.

7. Close drivers door.

I reached step 5 successfully ( successful entry into programming mode ) but in step 6 the car does not react to the FOB signal. It looks like if the car was expecting a different frequency (?). I have been told that perhaps in Europe FOBs are configured to work on a different frequency. Perhaps 433MHz (?) rather than 314-315MHz but I am not been able to confirm this.

Could someone with experience on key FOBs point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Last edited:
Open your OEM key and look at the back of the keyless remote transmitter module. If it doesn’t say HYQ1512V then it isn’t going to work but search for what it says on the key and you should be able to get the right remote module and then you can install that (after swapping immo chip) and you’ll be good to go.

Thank you Smoltz. Yes, I already tried that but there is nothing written at the back of the keyless remote transmitter module.
I guess it's not OEM

Thank you Smoltz. Yes, I already tried that but there is nothing written at the back of the keyless remote transmitter module.
I guess it's not OEM

Bummer. The European ones might not have an FCC ID. Obviously it wouldn't techincially be required but thought that if Mr T used the same parts it would be easy enough to identify. Is there any part number on the key or remote module? I've noticed that a number of the keys available eonline have the compatible part nubmer listed. Alternatively you can try and enter yourVIN on Partsouq and try it find the OEM PN that way.

Bummer. The European ones might not have an FCC ID. Obviously it wouldn't techincially be required but thought that if Mr T used the same parts it would be easy enough to identify. Is there any part number on the key or remote module? I've noticed that a number of the keys available eonline have the compatible part nubmer listed. Alternatively you can try and enter yourVIN on Partsouq and try it find the OEM PN that way.

You were spot on, I had a look on Partsouq with my VIN.
The part number is 89071-60081
It appears that the 60081 variant is a 433MHz transmitter for UK and Europe and the key uses the 4C Chip.
(This matches the experience I had with the key I ordered 315 MHz and a 4C Chip. I was able to programme the immob chip but not the FOB)
I have ordered a new one and I'll report back whether I get it right this time.

Last edited:
I received the FOB key and the chip last month and everything went fine. Everything I ordered worked perfectly.
Therefore, I confirm that the 433MHz transmitter is the correct one for Europe and the 4C Chip was the correct one for this LC100 VX year 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom