Meet Steve (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

with the 3;70s, 4 spd, 33s, and tired motor, could only get to 65mph. top speed not really a goal for me, but getting up hills at more than 35 is
At sea level?
That sounds like a very tired engine, or something else wrong with it...

so some dumb ass has created 2 threads for Steve, Meet Steve, and Steve the new pig build!. from now on I will trytfo not post under Meet Steve, but refer you to Steve the new pig build. I know , im confused also. but now know why I cant find certain posts-Thanks Half Wacked
You can ask the Mods to merge the threads

I feel you Brother!
Dealing with those bad carb Blues on my 40.
Just pulled the carb for rebuild.
not sure, had carb rebuilt, but i think Valley Hybrid di not adjust after mounting, as all this is coming out soon. I will give it a whirl

so LED light discussions made my head spin, so went back with all stock, cleaned lenses and replaced bulbs, looking at truck, noticed a little rust around cargo window. ADD kicks in , I cut rubber and remove gaskets, pull windows, pig surprise!
as i considered how to proceed, i thought, need to accomplish something, pull the driver door and replace hinges, more rust. If i am going to make pig party, im going to have to spit on rust, and leave for another day. since i have cargo windows out, will need to address holes

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

Those $50 upgraded Toyota headlights that come with the harness are pretty good. PO put them on my pig before I bought it. Don't have the part number handy but will dig it up if you want to consider. I think someone else already mentioned them in this thread, IIRC.

so LED light discussions made my head spin, so went back with all stock, cleaned lenses and replaced bulbs, looking at truck, noticed a little rust around cargo window. ADD kicks in , I cut rubber and remove gaskets, pull windows, pig surprise!
as i considered how to proceed, i thought, need to accomplish something, pull the driver door and replace hinges, more rust. If i am going to make pig party, im going to have to spit on rust, and leave for another day. since i have cargo windows out, will need to address holes

View attachment 2638797

View attachment 2638799

View attachment 2638800

View attachment 2638802
I think pretty much any discussion involving LED/HID is going to generate a lot of responses!

What is your plan for new cargo window rubber?

Rust deeper than I thought, what can I dump/spray, in areas to stop or slow down rust? I have some rust converter, internal frame coating , and some POR 15. I have gotten the biggest part of rust off where I have access . But put my finger in hole where sun visor goes, rust, I wish I could dunk truck in something to stop. Thoughts or ideas?

42E9AD63-5052-4045-AE8A-E612CE6AFD14.jpeg

5165F477-D0E3-40A4-B0ED-AE0AF7F4F4CF.jpeg

993446ED-9612-40A1-BB68-982B33FEDB9C.jpeg

I was going to suggest unbolting the roof support ribs and cleaning in there, but it looks like yours are welded in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom