Manual Locking Hubs for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the same 79 45 you emailed my shop about working on? If so, we have the correct Aisin locking hubs in stock.
Thanks Matt, yes… but I do prefer the Warn hubs. They are easier for me to twist from lock to unlock compared to the Aisin hubs on my other truck…. You available for a call today after 1pm eastern? Had the wrong area code

Thanks Matt, yes… but I do prefer the Warn hubs. They are easier for me to twist from lock to unlock compared to the Aisin hubs on my other truck…. You available for a call today after 1pm eastern? Had the wrong area code

Yes sir.. we can get the Warn’s too. They are about double the price and half the strength though.

Absolutely, Aisin Steel body hub vice - ??? No issue with the Warn… I’ve used them on multiple vehicles. But, if You ever take an Aisin/ Asco apart and compare them to another locking hub…Well. Proofs in the pudding.

Yes sir.. we can get the Warn’s too. They are about double the price and half the strength though.

Absolutely, Aisin Steel body hub vice - ??? No issue with the Warn… I’ve used them on multiple vehicles. But, if You ever take an Aisin/ Asco apart and compare them to another locking hub…Well. Proofs in the pudding.
I have thought about a type of modified bung wrench to use for the Aisin Hubs as an assist…if they are truly that much tougher, that may be a plan to follow. As I did say, over the years 3 other FJ40’s that I had all used Warn hubs without issue. Sucks gettin‘ old…really

IMG_2852.jpeg

I was happy to get the Aisin upgrade when i put the 83fj60 front disc on my 74fj40.
I thought i could have used either at the time.
Cleaned, painted and rebuilt the Aisin (yes, i had to chase that spring-loaded bearing all over) and they twist smooth and satisfyingly "click" into place.
If i recall, the key was to lightly grease, not pack them too Full which makes them hard to turn. Fwiw.
If my warns were close, I'd have offered them up but they are a few hours away.

version=1&uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000409&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

version=1&uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000392&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

I was happy to get the Aisin upgrade when i put the 83fj60 front disc on my 74fj40.
I thought i could have used either at the time.
Cleaned, painted and rebuilt the Aisin (yes, i had to chase that spring-loaded bearing all over) and they twist smooth and satisfyingly "click" into place.
If i recall, the key was to lightly grease, not pack them too Full which makes them hard to turn. Fwiw.
If my warns were close, I'd have offered them up but they are a few hours away.

I launched that small bearing into orbit…Pretty sure it passed Voyager II into deep space. 😎

I have thought about a type of modified bung wrench to use for the Aisin Hubs as an assist…if they are truly that much tougher, that may be a plan to follow. As I did say, over the years 3 other FJ40’s that I had all used Warn hubs without issue. Sucks gettin‘ old…really

View attachment 3439240
I could definitely make a Aisin hub wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom