Builds Mall crawler / City truck 2010 GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the things I like about Victory is they have videos and PDF instructions for the few things I've purchased from them (rear quarter MOLLE panels and rear top shelf).

12/9/21

Decided to step up to 33” tires for no good reason in particular. Tanked my gas mileage but it looks great !! 275/70/18
LOTS of rubbing. Had to take a heat gun to the fender liners and chop quite a bit more from the sideskirts

136B11BA-A6B9-435F-BD4E-0C0E7E7686F8.jpeg
5E50333A-A0E5-47CC-9B07-B37B884269AB.jpeg

01/13/22

Treaty Oak Recovery points powdercoated to match the Ironman Springs
C80C3599-4D14-4937-B792-6641C6B04DF9.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
I'm assuming there were holes under the door molding? If so I guess you just went to a body shop and told them to fill and match?

I'm assuming there were holes under the door molding? If so I guess you just went to a body shop and told them to fill and match?

My GX didn’t come with door moldings on the actual door if that’s what you’re referring to.

If you’re referring to the running boards…the Prado 150 side step moldings use all of the factory mounting holes so nothing is left exposed.

Thanks, but I was referring to the (approx) 3" strips of plastic that attach to the doors. Hummm, don't often see GX's without the door molding!

Thanks, but I was referring to the (approx) 3" strips of plastic that attach to the doors. Hummm, don't often see GX's without the door molding!
I don't think they were widely installed on the early, base models. I don't have them either (thank goodness, no offense...)

You mean that stupid chrome trim I have on my 2010 base? Is it just stuck on with double sides tape?

A2BFCC35-29A2-4826-8AB8-D466D9050AB7.jpeg

You mean that stupid chrome trim I have on my 2010 base? Is it just stuck on with double sides tape?

Pretty sure he is talking about the body cladding on the lower front and rear doors that the majority of us have.

IMG_3637 copy.jpg

View attachment 2905234

I am like 99% sure those small chrome trims are just held on by tape..... that's pretty cool though you don't see those often ! How far do they stick out? Do they protect the door from door dings?

Pretty sure he is talking about the body cladding on the lower front and rear doors that the majority of us have.

View attachment 2905362

Oh man, those are ghastly!

I am like 99% sure those small chrome trims are just held on by tape..... that's pretty cool though you don't see those often ! How far do they stick out? Do they protect the door from door dings?

They don’t stick out much and only provide protection if you open the door on something low or a low slung sports car opens the door on it. They really don’t provide much benefit. If I take them off instead of paint I’ll probably sell them if I don’t damage them upon removal.

Oh man, those are ghastly!

They don’t stick out much and only provide protection if you open the door on something low or a low slung sports car opens the door on it. They really don’t provide much benefit. If I take them off instead of paint I’ll probably sell them if I don’t damage them upon removal.
Really wide rock sliders will keep you from door dings! And probably ding the door of the idiot that swung their door open on you. :flipoff2:

Really wide rock sliders will keep you from door dings! And probably ding the door of the idiot that swung their door open on you. :flipoff2:
So will welding a nice little 1” diameter steel bar on the doors. No joke, seriously considered it. I ****ing hate how disrespectful people are for other people’s property.

So will welding a nice little 1” diameter steel bar on the doors. No joke, seriously considered it. I f***ing hate how disrespectful people are for other people’s property.
Agreed!! I've also considered that. Get a strip of 3" x 1/8" strap the length of each door, then 1" tubing running along it, similar to how rock sliders are. One for each door! It'd also add a little protection out on the trail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom