Builds - 2023 GX460 Overland build aka "MALCRLR" - Phase 1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the camera housing! But, boy, is that arm close to your rear door! You may consider putting a foam pad, maybe a short section of the slitted round black insulation tubing used for water pipes. Unless you can loosen your bumper and pull it out a wee bit?
I can just see that banging that rear door first time you take it out on a washboard road.
Yeah...Been watching that tire mount to see if it's hit the door...so far it hasn't, but haven't hit a really bad washboard road either. I'll probably cut up a pool noodle or something before I go out mobbin' just in case.

Reactions: r2m
How do you like the rear bumper? I've been looking at this one because my spare doesn't fit underneath. How is the fit/finish.

@r2m I think the swing out mounts to where the license plate used to be and then swings out with the door. That's one of the features that drew me to this bumper. I know my wife will not want to play around with unlatching and latching the spare swing out haha.
The finish and craftsmanship on the bumper is top notch. As for the fit....The shop that did it said it was a B. Due to my LRA tank and my OEM tow hitch, they had to make custom brackets for the bumper and even then, the guys over at Expedition One admitted to the shop guys doing my install that they haven't fitted that bumper onto a 2023 model. I wanted to keep my OEM tow hitch and get the tire to swing out with the door, and this was pretty much the only option, unless you have someone do something custom. They also had to custom make the rear camera mount, as my Titan 7 wheels have a smaller diameter center hole, where the camera relocation kit wouldn't' fit through the wheel. They also had to remove the entire air pump assembly from my air suspension, as the brackets that came with the bumper, wouldn't allow them to both exist, underneath the rig. Initially when I removed the airbags the shop was able to remove the bags and trick the system, but now that the entire pump assembly is gone, I have a warning message for the air suspension on my dash, but I'm hoping that eventually I can disable it with TechStream.

Last edited:
Curious to learn more about your OTT tune? Do you do this with a programmer? Or take it to a shop? Which tune, etc.

I would love to fix the poor trans shift programming and remap the throttle for improved drivability on my truck.

(I have a pedal master but this is just a band aide and not a real fix. It doesn’t address the poor transmission shift tuning).
I had Cole from (cementedtuning.com) do the tune. He's local to me up here in the PNW. There are plenty of other people who can do the OTT tune. Search around where you are at and you'll probably find someone who can do the tune. Throttle response and shifting is way better than stock, and there is a small bump in power.

The finish and craftsmanship on the bumper is top notch. As for the fit....The shop that did it said it was a B. Due to my LRA tank and my OEM tow hitch, they had to make custom brackets for the bumper and even then, the guys over at Expedition One admitted to the shop guys doing my install that they haven't fitted that bumper onto a 2023 model. I wanted to keep my OEM tow hitch and get the tire to swing out with the door, and this was pretty much the only option, unless you have someone do something custom. They also had to custom make the rear camera mount, as my Titan 7 wheels have a smaller diameter center hole, where the camera relocation kit wouldn't' fit through the wheel. They also had to remove the entire air pump assembly from my air suspension, as the brackets that came with the bumper, wouldn't allow them to both exist, underneath the rig. Initially when I removed the airbags the shop was able to remove the bags and trick the system, but now that the entire pump assembly is gone, I have a warning message for the air suspension on my dash, but I'm hoping that eventually I can disable it with TechStream.
Sorry to inform you that you will not be able to clear that air suspension error on your center dash with TechStream.
I've had my rig lifted about 5 years now and when YotaMasters installed it, they did like get the suspension to neutral and then disconnect everything or something like that, the way it was explained to me was a little confusing. But in short, what I fried my brake ECU and had it replace, it basically reset ALL my code and now I too have that stupid air suspension error on my dash that I can't get rid of, and I've looked.
I would encourage you to look also. You may find something that I missed. If you do find a fix, and I'm not talking about pulling your dash and blacking out the light, but a legit fix, PLEASE post!

Very interesting build, and along the same lines of what I'm planning on doing. And great to see someone else with a '23 model.

I have to ask about the camera relocation. How does the 360 view work with the camera in a different place? Do you notice the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom