LXColorado Builds the Mako (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The aluminum suggestion was just for those that want to go metal. I just use OEM plastic tee's. Keep in mind if you go aftermarket; 17mm OD on through pipe and 14mm OD on down tee pipe.

Just did a set with 350K/18yrs on them, looked better than one would think. Oh, the hoses and parts you see bagged are for front of engine water by-pass/oil cooler, to fix/redo leak a Lexus Dealer repaired with aftermarket parts.
001.JPG
Lexus shop used aftermarket clamps and top hose, which leak again.
011.JPG

Tee hoses were ok, but I'll schedule replacement of at least the engine side hoses next flush.
003.JPG

Funny, I'm careful to not allow piece to fall in hoses. I piece together all the broken parts like a puzzle, to make sure I've all of the pipe. This was first time a piece got a way from me and fell into engine. So I back-flush with distilled water, but it did not come out. After warm up and draining the distilled water flush, I replaced the thromastat. Look what I found: My missing piece, HA!
T-Sat housing , water inlet (missing H-Tee plastic peice.JPG

Sorry for hijacking @LXColorado

Last edited:
Love the truck! Where is this at if you don’t mind? Looks like a cool spot!

Not at all! Champion Mill west of Leadville.

COOL! I've seen this rig in the Park Meadows/Lone Tree area. What material & source did you use for the red stripe?

It's a 3M Vinyl. Tried Plasti-Dip at first, and failed miserably. Can't remember the company name, but they were off Sante Fe Dr. in Littleton.

The aluminum suggestion was just for those that want to go metal. I just use OEM plastic tee's. Keep in mind if you go aftermarket; 17mm OD on through pipe and 14mm OD on down tee pipe.

Just did a set with 350K/18yrs on them, looked better than one would think. Oh, the hoses and parts you see bagged are for front of engine water by-pass/oil cooler, to fix/redo leak a Lexus Dealer repaired with aftermarket parts.
View attachment 1769738Lexus shop used aftermarket clamps and top hose, which leak again. View attachment 1769757
Tee hoses were ok, but I'll schedule replacement of at least the engine side hoses next flush.
View attachment 1769739
Funny, I'm careful to not allow piece to fall in hoses. I piece together all the broken parts like a puzzle, to make sure I've all of the pipe. This was first time a piece got a way from my and fell into engine. So I back-flush with distilled water, but it did not come out. After warm up and draining the distilled water flush, I replaced the thromastat. Look what I found: My missing piece, HA!
View attachment 1769749

Sorry for hijacking @LXColorado

Don't be!!

Just turned 190k, and still rock solid!

- Oil Change (7.2Q 0w-40) with M209 Oil filter
- Greased driveshaft
- Rotated tires
- Cleaned underside
- Removed Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. Going to try out 305/65/r18 KO2's soon, and didn't want the wheel protruding that far out
- Gave the doggo some milk bones for keeping me company

Lastly, installed Slee's Jerry Can holder. Holds (3) 5 Gallon NATO cans; helps with the constant looking at the fuel gauge on longer adventures ;)

My cassette player just crapped the bed, so I'll likely be doing the post-2003 nav delete that was posted recently

IMG_2577.JPG

Just turned 190k, and still rock solid!

- Oil Change (7.2Q 0w-40) with M209 Oil filter
- Greased driveshaft
- Rotated tires
- Cleaned underside
- Removed Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. Going to try out 305/65/r18 KO2's soon, and didn't want the wheel protruding that far out
- Gave the doggo some milk bones for keeping me company

Lastly, installed Slee's Jerry Can holder. Holds (3) 5 Gallon NATO cans; helps with the constant looking at the fuel gauge on longer adventures ;)

My cassette player just crapped the bed, so I'll likely be doing the post-2003 nav delete that was posted recently

View attachment 1879897
I excited to see what the 305’s will look like - a little extra width is always appreciated on trucks this big. Not sure - but you may miss your spacers.

Quick question - when did you order that fuel can basket from Slee. I’ve never seen that design before. I like it.

I excited to see what the 305’s will look like - a little extra width is always appreciated on trucks this big. Not sure - but you may miss your spacers.

Quick question - when did you order that fuel can basket from Slee. I’ve never seen that design before. I like it.

Looking forward to the new tires as well and your thoughts of running them without spacers. Keep us posted!

Purchased it this month! Maybe Slee updated it for their 200 series rear? I like it better than the hole punched look, for sure.

Following for the Nav delete!

Installed a VaisTech Bluetooth module. The plan is to still do a nav delete down the road, but not being able to play music through the cassette player (cause it stopped working) was driving me nuts. VaisTech happens to be in my neck of the woods, so it was a quick fix. Took about an hour, and stuffed the module by the center console under the cupholders. Works perfectly, and the sound is fantastic.

Did you configure it to get rid of the nag warning on the nav screen? That's my favorite feature of the Vais so I'm obligated to mention it any time it comes up.

I personally don't mind the infotainment post 2003 and think a BT module is all I'll ever need, but at least it's a good solution for you until you do the delete.

Did you configure it to get rid of the nag warning on the nav screen? That's my favorite feature of the Vais so I'm obligated to mention it any time it comes up.

I personally don't mind the infotainment post 2003 and think a BT module is all I'll ever need, but at least it's a good solution for you until you do the delete.
Didn't realize this was a feature! How do I set that up? Thanks for mentioning it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom