Builds Lumpskie's Diesel 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Delta VS This post is for you!

So, I got to clearancinng my Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard lift bracket to clear the Slinky springs.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the interference.

You can see that the coil touches the bracket at ride height:
y3DAREp.jpg

Looks like 1.5 to 3.5 inches back needs to be trimmed to assure clearance
q2g1gho.jpg

Marked for trimming
a7EpDGy.jpg

Cuts completed
D2aGDE9.jpg

Clearance when finished (and my sloppy touch up on the coil)
pYMYd75.jpg

I'm a little sad that I had to cut Delta's work of art. But, I am happy to have the handling improvements without any interference.

Hey Delta VS... do my cuts seem ok with you guys, as far as structural integrity goes?
@Lumpskie to answer your 3 link vs superior questions once and for all Im going to AZ this week to test. pics and vids will be incoming.

@Lumpskie to answer your 3 link vs superior questions once and for all Im going to AZ this week to test. pics and vids will be incoming.
I read somewhere that the Superior arms eat bushings fast. I think it was pertaining mostly to the passenger side regular arm. What’s the deal?

I read somewhere that the Superior arms eat bushings fast. I think it was pertaining mostly to the passenger side regular arm. What’s the deal?
Well I have had mine in iver a year, BUT a year to me is 50K miles on and off road. the bushings are as new. superior has really good bushings made. Ill get you pics

This will be great! I'd love to see how they compare over a range of heights to see how they balance flex. So, measurements on flat ground. A measurement for each corner on a 6" obstacle... then 12", then 24", then 36" or maximum articulation. That way you can see the flex limit of both while also seeing how balanced the flex is over the range of travel. (just an idea)

I know that Superior now offers their "Hyperflex" setup which uses 2 of their non-stock arms. If you already have caster correction, you can buy each arm for around $500. I'd be curious to see how having 2 or their arms would work out for daily driving and rock crawling.

This will be great! I'd love to see how they compare over a range of heights to see how they balance flex. So, measurements on flat ground. A measurement for each corner on a 6" obstacle... then 12", then 24", then 36" or maximum articulation. That way you can see the flex limit of both while also seeing how balanced the flex is over the range of travel. (just an idea)

I know that Superior now offers their "Hyperflex" setup which uses 2 of their non-stock arms. If you already have caster correction, you can buy each arm for around $500. I'd be curious to see how having 2 or their arms would work out for daily driving and rock crawling.
Crawling yes. Over the road? I’m thinking not so much. Last year superior told me that they use Nissan Patrol bushings.

Crawling yes. Over the road? I’m thinking not so much. Last year superior told me that they use Nissan Patrol bushings.

Yeah, I heard they were Patron bushings as well. The only reason I wonder if they'd be good on the road is that they are advertising getting safety certified in Australia. I don't know what goes into that though. Another option would be pay $500 for one arm. If you want to try another one... order that one later on.

Check it out: Superior Hyperflex Radius Arms Suitable For Toyota Landcruiser 80/105 Series | Superior Engineering

We figured if one of our Patented Superflex was good then why not run two, and after some testing we are now proud to offer the Hyperflex Radius Arms.

These arms don't just offer extreme levels of flex for the front of your Landcruiser 80/105 Series, the also handle extremely well on road.
We will be completing the NCOP approval testing up to 110km/h soon, meaning the Hyperflex Radius Arms will be legal* for use on road throughout Australia.

NOTE: Testing has not yet been completed but as soon as it is approved the Superior Hyperflex Radius Arms sold previously will be legal on road.

With these arms, you will get the flex and drivability you need, and longer life from your bushes. Why not have extra flex as well as good on-road handling?

yea well will videoing them head to head in AZ in a week or so

Just getting started ......

they are advertising getting safety certified in Australia. I don't know what goes into that though

We will be completing the NCOP approval testing up to 110km/h soon

What goes into testing? Lots of $$$.
Part of it would be certified testing of handling in emergency scenarios.
Emergency stopping, emergency lane change test at at least 110km/hr.

From what I know, it would be difficult to certify a part as "road legal". They'd have to test it under a defined set of parameters, say with original height suspension, or with the maximum legal vehicle lift of 50mm (tires and suspension) .
As soon as you install them outside those parameters, certification is meaningless.

Last edited:
What goes into testing? Lots of $$$.
Part of it would be certified testing of handling in emergency scenarios.
Emergency stopping, emergency lane change test at at least 110km/hr.

From what I know, it would be difficult to certify a part as "road legal". They'd have to test it under a defined set of parameters, say with original height suspension, or with the maximum legal vehicle lift of 50mm (tires and suspension) .
As soon as you install them outside those parameters, certification is meaningless.

Agreed. But over here, I wouldn't need it to be certified road legal at all. I was just suggesting that, if they could be certified over there, the handling couldn't be terrible.

Agreed. But over here, I wouldn't need it to be certified road legal at all. I was just suggesting that, if they could be certified over there, the handling couldn't be terrible.

Yeah, Aussie certification doesn't help you NA guys. It would be extremely unusual for an aftermarket product to be certified over here because of the cost and difficult beauraucratic process

They've been in use for quite a few years over here, and have a good reputation for good road manners.

Hey @RFB ,

Let me know when that video is up. I'm considering buying one stock caster Superior arm and leaving my caster correction in. I'm really curious to see if total flex is better than stock arms. Also curious to see if flex is more balanced over the total range of motion.

When you installed your arms, did you notice any change in body roll when driving on road?

I like where this is headed.

We'll see how gets around to installing theirs first... you or me. I have a feeling there is going to be a little work associated with this job and I don't want to dig into it until I can dig another car out of winter storage...

When are you expecting to install yours? Will you take an photos, when you do the job?

My intercooler was stuck in customs yseterday but looks like it is out for delivery today and I get home tomorrow! Hopefully nothing is damaged when I open the packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom