Builds Lumpskie's Diesel 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got my annual fluid film job done:

rKd6E7Vh.jpg
Did you do yourself?

Did you do yourself?

No sir. I paid these guys $179 to do the job. They did my "rustoration" work last year, so having them do my yearly application maintains my lifetime guarantee.

My PDI intercooler arrived! But... it arrived with the box open.

9t6gN4Qh.jpg

When I looked at the contents, it appears that, at a minimum, some couplings are missing. I emailed PDI to see what we should do about it.
tTxkTa5h.jpg

On a brighter note, the quality looks really good!

Skkm019h.jpg

Hopefully we get everything sorted out quickly. At least, I'm not planning on installing it until the snow melts anyway.

Sucks about the missing parts. Hope it gets sorted.
Will be interested to see how the install goes

Thanks @mudgudgeon . PDI emailed me back saying that it looks like I'm missing 2 couplings and the modified latch piece. I'm impressed they got back to me over the weekend. I'm going to take close ups of my clamps and other pieces to verify that they are all there. After that, we'll work out getting me the replacement parts.

I'll keep you posted on how the install goes... the snow is melting fast so install time might be sooner than I thought!

Thanks @mudgudgeon . PDI emailed me back saying that it looks like I'm missing 2 couplings and the modified latch piece. I'm impressed they got back to me over the weekend. I'm going to take close ups of my clamps and other pieces to verify that they are all there. After that, we'll work out getting me the replacement parts.

I'll keep you posted on how the install goes... the snow is melting fast so install time might be sooner than I thought!
My box was not opened but I probably should check and make sure all the parts are in the box.

That PDI kit has it's own trans cooler as well, right? Looks like a really nice kit!

That PDI kit has it's own trans cooler as well, right? Looks like a really nice kit!
Yes sir! The trans cooler is the bit that is painted with "PDI" on it. It looks plenty bug and high quality.

The missing parts to my PDI intercooler kit are here! Now, I just need the weather to be warm enough to get the Evo out for the year. Also, because I read other people's discussion, I added fuel additive to my tank. I used Power Services Diesel Kleen. Wow, it actually made a really noticeable difference. The engine runs smoother. On my 0-60 measurement stretch, I gained about 3 mph. On flat ground, I run 1-2psi less boost to maintain speed. I used to to add lubrication to the fuel because, apparently, the new low sulfur fuels loose their lubricating properties. So, all of these other improvements are on top of that. Based on this experience, I'll probably add it to my fuel every few tanks. I'm going to try mineral 2-stroke oil as well.

Since I am on travel again, I volunteered my buddy Rob to install my intercooler for me. As usual, it's not turning out to be a smooth process. (I'm glad he's the one doing it and not a shop!)

Looks like my fancy Costa Fab bumper is in the way and needs a little trimming:

nYnhhI5h.jpg

XWgxGcah.jpg

T2ssrwlh.jpg

FwqVkX3h.jpg

He went ahead an made the cuts. We're hoping that everything cut remains behind the front valence, for cosmetic reasons. All the cut metal was coated in the silver POR-15.

hXbXGnmh.jpg

NgrD4Kwh.jpg

vBDQOkHh.jpg

gm4zqRxh.jpg

Other than your bumper clearance issues, how is the install going?

Had to clearance the lower valence in a few places. Still need to clearance the grill a little. But it's up and running! Hoping to test drive tonight or tomorrow.

Other than your bumper clearance issues, how is the install going?

Running into a clearance issue fitting the turn signals back in. Emailed PDI to see if they have an approved solution. May have to modify the turn signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom