LS400 ---> LX450 Sunvisor mod ! FZJ80 MUST HAVE ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found these out of a 2003 LS430 at the local junk yard. Bolted up without any mods. I might wire up the mirror light later. The lighter color is not as noticeable in person.
C4BE76E3-0914-428F-A7EC-40CDE64A648F.jpeg
F5D3DD56-9843-47A1-903F-63FD2354D798.jpeg

Bump to the top.

Do the LS430 visor slide out to become longer??

Completed LS400 visors install yesterday. Should have done this years ago. Local U pull had a couple extras.(about to throw them up on classifieds)
IMG_0122.jpg

BTW, someone else may have confirmed this but I held up the original visors to my 5th gen 2013 4Runner visors and the layout is incredibly similar. The 4Runner visors also have a slide out and, for those of us who are true believers, two info card slots on the drivers side visor for the info inserts. But the visor itself does not slide on the rod, mounting screws are off by about 1/4-3/8 inch, may work.

Still need to try and make a 3-D printed new base where the visors attach to. As you may know, the visors will not swing to the side without rubbing.

I 3d printed hook brackets, since mine didn't come with them

20190906_180252.jpg

Last edited:
How much? Pm me

If he doesn't have what you need, I have a pair in the grayish color off an LS400 in good condition.
I 3d printed hook brackets, since mine didn't come with them

View attachment 2096786

What did you do in order to have the visors swing to the side without rubbing?

yRWUM9K.jpg
Just one tip for you guys... swap out the mounting bracket from your land cruiser sunvisor onto the LS sunvisor. You have to widen the opening a little bit using a 13/22 and 27/64 drill bit (it needs to be a tapered opening). BE CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL ALL THE WAY AND DAMAGE THE TABS THAT HOLD THE BRACKET ONTO THE SUNVISOR.
Hollywood,

how did you get the mounting brackets off without destroying them?

Just did this install. Ordered parts as described above from eBay.

On the LS400 part that holds the visor up, I had to cut a round insert and a square(ish) screw tan off flush. Wasn’t quite sure if this was the correct route but after looking at it for a few minutes, this was the only way it was going to install using the screw from the LX450.

I used 95-00 LS400 visors for this mod on a 97 LX450. I did not connect the wires for the mirror light. This took all of 10 minutes to install and has absolutely cured my saggy visors.

Great mod! Strongly recommend!

Thanks OP for putting this one together!

Just did this install. Ordered parts as described above from eBay.

On the LS400 part that holds the visor up, I had to cut a round insert and a square(ish) screw tan off flush. Wasn’t quite sure if this was the correct route but after looking at it for a few minutes, this was the only way it was going to install using the screw from the LX450.

I used 95-00 LS400 visors for this mod on a 97 LX450. I did not connect the wires for the mirror light. This took all of 10 minutes to install and has absolutely cured my saggy visors.

Great mod! Strongly recommend!

Thanks OP for putting this one together!

You did the right thing by cutting that one piece off. It's the only way it will work.

I made the spacers that re-angle the visor mounts so they swing out without rubbing and swing closed to the clip properly. Find a place to get them printed and enjoy. They work really well. can i upload .stl's here?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom