LS400 ---> LX450 Sunvisor mod ! FZJ80 MUST HAVE ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha! I threw a 60 visor on our 450 years ago, second time old 60 parts in the garage have been used on the Lexus...maybe I should spend more time in the 80 section...

IMAG0032.jpg

There vinyl an had Toyota part number can't find it there off 80 or 70 fit just right an don't droop. I wouldn't pay 450 lol haha. They source from overseas good luck they don't come wit visor light has a mirror.

Lexus Clip holder Part Number (the one that keeps the sun visor on to the headliner)

74348-50020-A1

(Tan Color)

Same mounting points as the OEM from the 80 is.

Thank you for this mod @40thSagePearl !

Ordered a set as well, I'll atttach a photo with the upper subtank gauge console to see how that all looks. Should be a nice fit. Makes one wonder what other LS400 parts would fit, they had amazing seats, etc. that are now getting cheap to buy.

Ordered a set as well, I'll atttach a photo with the upper subtank gauge console to see how that all looks. Should be a nice fit. Makes one wonder what other LS400 parts would fit, they had amazing seats, etc. that are now getting cheap to buy.
I have a set of very nice LS 400 seats in storage. The leather on my seats in my LX450 are more than done. Has anyone ever tried to see if they fit?

I have a set of very nice LS 400 seats in storage. The leather on my seats in my LX450 are more than done. Has anyone ever tried to see if they fit?
Get them out of storage and mock them up.

IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG

Bumping an old thread...

I finally got some LS400 visors from a '97 at a pick and pull yard. They fit great! Although they don't really fold out to the side glass all that great as previously reported in this thread.

Note the the mounting tab screw cover on the left. It just snaps on and dresses up the mount.

FYI - the LS400 clips are the same as the ES300 clips. They both work if you cut off the mounting tabs and reuse your 80's clip screw.

BTW this clears the OEM overhead console and Gentex mirror. (Pics added above)
IMG_0934.JPG

Last edited:
Mine lasted a few months. I broke it pushing it over to driver's door window.

Be careful everybody.

It appears as the mounting tabs that push onto the visor arm have different angles. I'm going to try and swap the ones on the LS400 with the 80 series ones. Hopefully this will make them swing over to the side at the correct angle.

yRWUM9K.jpg
Just one tip for you guys... swap out the mounting bracket from your land cruiser sunvisor onto the LS sunvisor. You have to widen the opening a little bit using a 13/22 and 27/64 drill bit (it needs to be a tapered opening). BE CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL ALL THE WAY AND DAMAGE THE TABS THAT HOLD THE BRACKET ONTO THE SUNVISOR.

yRWUM9K.jpg
Just one tip for you guys... swap out the mounting bracket from your land cruiser sunvisor onto the LS sunvisor. You have to widen the opening a little bit using a 13/22 and 27/64 drill bit (it needs to be a tapered opening). BE CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL ALL THE WAY AND DAMAGE THE TABS THAT HOLD THE BRACKET ONTO THE SUNVISOR.

Can you elaborate on this and tell if It allows the visor to swing to the side window w/o interference?

Can you elaborate on this and tell if It allows the visor to swing to the side window w/o interference?
Hopefully this answers you question. I just did this last week. I know its gray.. but oh well.

Looking at the Land cruiser holder and the LS400 holder the Land cruiser one has a angle that allows it to swing out without hitting anything.

Here is the LS400 holder/mounting bracket

Last edited:
yRWUM9K.jpg

Can you elaborate on one what needs to be tapered? What part of the "opening" is tapered?

yRWUM9K.jpg

I wonder if someone could 3-D print a base to the LS400 mounting bracket that would give it a little more thickness enough to clear the point where it hits. Think of it as a wheel spacer. Someone like @NLXTACY or @bhicks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom