3D Printing Parts for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
APRIL 8, 2020 ** No longer need to add ".pdf" to the extension of STL files. The extension .stl is now allowed.** you can thank @rover67 for that little fix.

I first got the idea from my BH3D double cup holder and figured I would see what else the I might need. I then found @suprarx7nut do some cool things with keyfob cases, then I found some stuff by @Outsane that got me thinking.

First I am really not good at CAD so my design isn’t very nicely finished and I do not care if anyone duplicates/modifies/sells/criticizes it, just don’t ask me to print them for you. I have an ender 3 printer and it can be had for 150 USD fairly often with the pro version often around 200 on sale, so plead with a friend or vender (knowing they won’t vouch for my design quality) if you want what I post.

So Here is how I am going to post what I design and welcome others to post what they design. If you print for a business etc, then just post what is available and how people can buy it (this is about filling gaps and adding options). For sharing STL/3MF or other design files etc, it would be good to stick with items that are NLA/Expensive or new designs. In other words, your own creativity

1. Name of the item (include a picture)
2. Who/what should get credit for the idea. (link to thread if possible)
3. Color filament (brand etc) used
4. Attach the design file pre-slicing.

So a while back I got caught up on reading a thread from Overland Tailer and got an idea or two. Did the same thing on mine but got the wrong size kydex and it just didn’t look good with my crafting skills and the wrong thickness. Builds - BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread

So here it is:
1.USB plate to replace 2nd Row Door Ashtrays
2. @Overland Tailor gets credit for this idea Builds - BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread
3. 1.75mm PLA Brown (Inland)
4. Remove the .pdf extension.

Sneak peak at my next design is attached also (hint it isn't the air freshener).

20191212_181011.jpg

20191212_181021.jpg

IMG_20191208_202213_01.jpg

20191220_125842.jpg

Attachments

• FZJ80AshUSB2ndrow_CLX16.stl.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Thanks for the shout out! I can't contribute any 3D files for the 80, but I can offer up heavily discounted printing services for mud members looking to print things with some uniquely high-performance material. I have a MarkForged Onyx Pro that I use for YotaMD prototyping and testing and it can make near-aluminum strength parts. FAR stronger than any other plastic printer, bar none. I can do chopped carbon fiber (Onyx) or Fiberglass reinforcement + Onyx. Surface finish tends to also be better than a typical FDM printer.

My printer spends most its time sitting idle so it's always fun to fire it up and make some cool stuff for others.

Example shot of the fiberglass reinforcement on a bracket for a sleeper platform panel:
1577769040209.png

Glad you dove into 3D printing and design! I never would have imagined the few key fob parts I started with for myself would turn into a legitimate source of income and potential family-supporting business. I'm excited to see what you 80 folks come up with!

I never considered being able to fit two in there. That looks very nice. The tabs to hold it in is nice too. Mine isn't that evolved at all.

I never considered being able to fit two in there. That looks very nice. The tabs to hold it in is nice too. Mine isn't that evolved at all.

I’ve evolved since then. Prefer IPV67 rated enclosure and I’ve learned it’s not a good idea to have the USB ports on the doors. Folks, big and Little, will open doors with things plugged in and tethered stuff tends to get flung. It’s why I dropped it as a potential product.

Haha funny you mention that i have been telling people to use it for the little USB reading lights/fans and charge from the center console. But someone was clever this summer and just hung a pouch to hold their iPad while they charged it.

Shakey mirror fix - if either mirror has the shakes

20190828_110454.jpg

I first got the idea from my BH3D double cup holder and figured I would see what else the I might need. I then found @suprarx7nut do some cool things with keyfob cases, then I found some stuff by @Outsane that got me thinking.

First I am really not good at CAD so my design isn’t very nicely finished and I do not care if anyone duplicates/modifies/sells/criticizes it, just don’t ask me to print them for you. I have an ender 3 printer and it can be had for 150 USD fairly often with the pro version often around 200 on sale, so plead with a friend or vender (knowing they won’t vouch for my design quality) if you want what I post.

So Here is how I am going to post what I design and welcome others to post what they design. If you print for a business etc, then just post what is available and how people can buy it (this is about filling gaps and adding options). For sharing STL/3MF or other design files etc, it would be good to stick with items that are NLA/Expensive or new designs. In other words, your own creativity

So a while back I got caught up on reading a thread from Overland Tailer and got an idea or two. Did the same thing on mine but got the wrong size kydex and it just didn’t look good with my crafting skills and the wrong thickness. Builds - BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread

So here it is:
2. @Overland Tailor gets credit for this idea Builds - BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread

Sneak peak at my next design is attached also (hint it isn't the air freshener).

View attachment 2169691

View attachment 2169692

View attachment 2169693

View attachment 2169703
That clock deal looks cool. More info please

With the help of a colleague I designed a speaker spacer handle for the rear doors. Bigger speaker and a handle for the lil's to use.
Printed with PETG,
I can print some for people if needed.
Thingiverse Link

full

So here it is:

View attachment 2169691

View attachment 2169692

View attachment 2169693

View attachment 2169703
Nice! Quite similar to our product: Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ80/FZJ80/LX450 Rear Power Ashtray Replacement (talked about here: What would YOU put in here?). Looking forward to the other parts you come up with. @Outsane makes lots of cool goodies as well!

What is the screen where your clock normally goes??

Last edited:
Nice! Quite similar to our product: Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ80/FZJ80/LX450 Rear USB Ashtray Replacement - $ 17.50 USD (talked about here: What would YOU put in here?). Looking forward to the other parts you come up with. @Outsane makes lots of cool goodies as well!

What is the screen where your clock normally goes??
Oh wow that looks great! You even tapered it properly. I am not great at the non-right angles yet so mine isn't that fancy.

As far as the clock replacement it is an LCD showing avg mpg, temp and voltage from OBDII. I will post up the specifics later when I have a bit more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom