LS400 ---> LX450 Sunvisor mod ! FZJ80 MUST HAVE ! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the FZJ 80 and Lexus 450 visors the same? I tried this on my 1997 80 and the new LS 400 visors do not work, the attachment angle is not correct, you can not move the visor to the over the door position- it hits the headliner. Do you have a picture with the visor over the door that you can post?

Thanks

Are the FZJ 80 and Lexus 450 visors the same? I tried this on my 1997 80 and the new LS 400 visors do not work, the attachment angle is not correct, you can not move the visor to the over the door position- it hits the headliner.

I don’t think there is a difference between the ’97 FZJ80 and the ‘97 LX450 headliners and visors. I have a ’97 LX450

You are correct. There is some interference due to the angle of the visor rod if you attempt to swing the visor over to the door window position. That being said, there is enough spring in the rod (especially if it is extended out of the visor) to pull the visor downward, swing it out to the door window position without it hitting the headliner, and then release it in the position you want it to be. For me this was not a deal breaker.

I have to say, for something as silly and mundane as a visor mod, I didn’t expect to appreciate this new addition as much as I do. I find I use my visor almost every day now with the low winter sun and it brings a smile to my face every time I use it. Flips down easily, and snaps right back up where it is supposed to be tight against the headliner. I also don’t have to continually remind my passengers to BE CAREFUL when they use the passenger visor to not damage it any more than it already was. Teenagers seem to find a need to use that damn mirror every time they get in the truck. ;)

I ordered driver and passenger side visors off of flea bay. They showed up yesterday. Awesome. Well, the driver visor showed up. And no retainer clip. No passenger visor. But I got billed for it. Seller said "they looked and can't find it so will refund money".

Now I have to find a pass side visor...

I installed the visor this morning. Didn't bother with the power yet. And took a grinder to the old retainer and it works like a champ. Vast improvement.

And the visor appears to be brand new. Well, it appeared to be brand new until I drop it. Ugh.

Just installed mine this weekend, power and all. Missing one clip though, hopefully on the way. I cut the original stock wire/plug and attached to new visor to make install easy. Power only works if visor is towards the A pillar. And yes it does rub on the headliner if you are moving it to block the sun on your left. But it is oh so nice to not have a sagging visor. Thanks

Just found the passenger side visor on ebay. Cheaper than the other one. Non sagging visors rule!

Just did this also. Have yet to connect the power, but I love the visors!!!.

However on the Clip part, i couldn't get the little stud to actually fit in the OEM hole. So I just chopped that off too and screwed it in.

I just ordered a set on eBay. Had to pay $55. And those were the cheapest ones listed. Did you say they will not work with the clips I already have? Couldn't find any with the clips!

Thank you so much for this thread! I got a set last week on eBay for $60 with the clip. Sooooo worth it. Took 10min to install and no more saggy visor! It's also going to be perfect for my roof console. And the colour is a OEM Lexus match, love it!

Cruiser parts. Net has new non us spec visors oem toyota for 80 I like them correct fit

looked on ebay today, most of the visors are either beat up or too expensive. Question for those whom have swapped these ls visors with a gentex mirror, are these visors smaller than the OEM ones that come on the 80 series lc? I am having the issue with the existing visors hitting my gentex mirror now since I have installed the new rear view mirror.

looked on ebay today, most of the visors are either beat up or too expensive. Question for those whom have swapped these ls visors with a gentex mirror, are these visors smaller than the OEM ones that come on the 80 series lc? I am having the issue with the existing visors hitting my gentex mirror now since I have installed the new rear view mirror.

I have a gentex mirror and it clears great. I mounted my mirror slightly lower on the window to clear the OEM visors and it was very close now I have room to spare.

I have a gentex mirror and it clears great. I mounted my mirror slightly lower on the window to clear the OEM visors and it was very close now I have room to spare.

thx for that! yeah I did not take the visors into account when mounting the mirror. I am hoping I can find a pair cheaper on car-part.com, going to call on monday

They seem to come in waves on eBay. I watched for a few weeks for a good condition set with the clip. I found a seller that had two listings right and left with clips in great condition for $30 shipped each. More than happy with the amount spent now that I have them on.

Got mine yesterday and installed them. They work great. Thanks a million to OP. Before installation I tried the vanity light by just connections the wires. It worked (I only tested the left side). After the installation the lights do not work on either side! Checked the fuse box under the hood and they look fine. I am new to these trucks. Is there a secondary fuse box? Any thoughts?

Got mine yesterday and installed them. They work great. Thanks a million to OP. Before installation I tried the vanity light by just connections the wires. It worked (I only tested the left side). After the installation the lights do not work on either side! Checked the fuse box under the hood and they look fine. I am new to these trucks. Is there a secondary fuse box? Any thoughts?

Did you check the fuse panel underneath steering wheel to the left??? There is a little cover that can pop off and snap back into place. I did not wire my drivers side visor when I bought these so I'm no help there :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom