LOW WITHOUT CENTER DIFF LOCKED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So being in Australia and being the drivers seat is on the right of the vehicle, is this mod or relay still on the drivers side or will it still be in the same location in the left hand panel????

Everything is reversed. So yes the relay is in the driver side kick panel. computer ecu is still behind the glovebox etc.

Slee is out of these center diff lock switches anyone know where I can find one? Would the dealer be able to get it?

Slee is out of these center diff lock switches anyone know where I can find one? Would the dealer be able to get it?

We have them.

I ordered mine from Toyota Parts Zone last week, 84725-60010 - OEM Toyota SWITCH, DIFFERENTIAL

Hopefully it'll be here soon. But if I was to do it again, I'd probably order from cruiserdan cause he seems to be a fixture around here. I'm kinda new here and didn't know any better, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, :p

CDL dash light

I just did the cdl switch mod, I used a hazard switch. I hear the center diff lock and unlock, but the abs and the picture of the driveline do not illuminate. My fj80 is a 1996 Lexus LX450.

I just did the cdl switch mod, I used a hazard switch. I hear the center diff lock and unlock, but the abs and the picture of the driveline do not illuminate. My fj80 is a 1996 Lexus LX450.

its the center diff lock position switch (its a sensor on tcase that sends the signal to the computer and dash lights).

search for it.
;)
welcome :flipoff2:

Great tips and tricks

THhanks guys for the info on the 7-pin mod. Gonna try it out tomorrow. Been looking for this write up, no wonder why it felt like it was binding on low4 now I don't have to feel like something is not shifting or driving a tank. Was thinking of going bak to the my 62. Thanks again guys knowledge is definatly power to the ground!! ILVMUDD.

Thanks! I drove the truck for 10 minutes (in a straight line) with my cdl (hazard) switch depresses. The ABS and cdl light magically appeared! Now when I turn the factory front and rears on, only one blinks! Progress.

Ok, I've watched the videos a few times, know how to pull out pin 7. BUT, what is it that we are doing with the radio section bezel off? Install a switch, ok, but what connects to it? I hate to sound stupid, but in these 6 pages and videos, I can't figure out what it is that is connecting to the switch.

There will be a pig tail zip tied to the center support that you connect to the switch. Go to YouTube and search for texasknowhow he has done some good vids of this and other 80s stuff

Last edited:
Hi all. This particular thread has been an amazing read especially reading the knowledge of cruiserdan. I want to know if it is possible to engage front and rear lockers in while in high gear with center diff engaged?

If one successfully gains manual control of the center diff in high and low gear via the 2 mods, and since it is essential for the center diff to be engaged for front and rear locker activation and to be below 5 mph, what would happen if one was to engage rear and front lockers in high gear under 5 mph with center diff engaged?

Thanks!

With the pin 7 mod the diffs can be locked in either low or high range, provided the center is locked and the vehicle speed is below 5mph.

With the pin 7 mod the diffs can be locked in either low or high range, provided the center is locked and the vehicle speed is below 5mph.
Thank you for your reply Cruiserdan! Much appreciated! I would like to purchase the pre 94 curved center diff lock button and I read on this thread earlier that you have some. Can you advise next step how to purchase it? Thank you.

Thank you for your reply Cruiserdan! Much appreciated! I would like to purchase the pre 94 curved center diff lock button and I read on this thread earlier that you have some. Can you advise next step how to purchase it? Thank you.

He used to work for a dealership that stocked these, and this is a VERY old thread. He now works for a Land Cruiser Museum. I am afraid you'll have to find one of these online or in a junkyard.

He used to work for a dealership that stocked these, and this is a VERY old thread. He now works for a Land Cruiser Museum. I am afraid you'll have to find one of these online or in a junkyard.
Got it! Thanks for your reply.

If anyone has one for sale here I'd appreciate the possibility to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom