Looking for a new 2 grove crank pully (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I’m looking for a 2 groove crank pully for my 1970 FJ40 and I’m not sure if I have a 2f engine or a f engine
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Why does that red wire go to the block?

There is a flat block just behind the distributor that has a number stamped into it, if it starts with 2F, well, you have a 2F. If not it is an earlier engine, by the looks of things, I would bet cash money that it is indeed an earlier engine.

Can't see the plate in that pic, it is right above the starter, directly to the left of the distributor.

Change all of your hoses, they look rough.

I might have a pulley for you.

Change that metal fan out for a plastic one, @3_puppies just took out a radiator last year, he's not the first, won't be the last either.

Might want to look at the brakes also.

Make it safe before you make it go.

What are the 2 hoses that run over the top of the engine and in front of the intake manifold? And where do they go?

Why does that red wire go to the block?

There is a flat block just behind the distributor that has a number stamped into it, if it starts with 2F, well, you have a 2F. If not it is an earlier engine, by the looks of things, I would bet cash money that it is indeed an earlier engine.

I think that’s the ground wire from the battery, mine had that too. Is there a better place to connect it?

someone has done a # on that engine bay,
thermostat housing?
electric fuel pump?
no fan shroud
fan too close to rad
Toyota water pump??
heater hose is kinked off the lower rad hose
lower rad hose looks closed off by mis-alignment
maybe the pic, but the steering shaft by the oil filter looks bent
PS pump looks out of alignment

Change that metal fan out for a plastic one, @3_puppies just took out a radiator last year, he's not the first, won't be the last either.
Make it safe before you make it go.

it didn't take the rad out but others have, it stuck the blade into the shroud.

I guess red is the new black for grounding cables! I hope an under informed helper doesn't hook up jumper cables the wrong way..:hmm:

it doesn’t have to be an uninformed helper. i had this happen on my chevelle. PO had used wrong colours and i knew about it but in a moment of not paying attention i fried my cables. lesson here is make it right so your reflexes make the right choice. you might not always be thinking clearly in a moment of stress

someone has done a # on that engine bay,
thermostat housing?
electric fuel pump?
no fan shroud
fan too close to rad
Toyota water pump??
heater hose is kinked off the lower rad hose
lower rad hose looks closed off by mis-alignment
the thermostat housing above the WP
it has a electric fuel pump
the water pump came with the fj they just replaced it and it stuck out to much and the same thing with the power steering hence why i'm getting the 2 groove crank pulley
heater hose are somehow still flowing
steering shaft is good

Last edited:
@3_puppies is trying to be helpful. And in this case, he’s got better eyes than me. I noticed the tstat housing right away, but missed the WP. It looks to have a funky spacer on the back of it an OE pump never would have had. If so, that would be a considerable part of your clearance issue.

If you just need a part, you can post in the classifieds. I’m pretty sure I have one. But if you want advice on how to make your truck run well and safe, be prepared for keen eyes like Paul’s to try and help. Besides the 2F valve cover on the F head (very common: I have two myself) you’ve got a pre 72 engine block (oil filler) post 69 cylinder head (3bosses) and a pre ‘69 distributor (vacuum advance with threaded fitting)

Are you planning to run a dual groove water pump pulley as well? That is the ‘preferred’ method.

Hth

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net

looked at the pics again, surprised @65swb45 didn't catch this
I don't know how I missed it.

the fan is on backwards.

That steering shaft also looks like 5 pounds of chewed bubble gum. I'd put some serious thought into that moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom