lockers or wench/ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i got enough for one or the other. i never had either so which one will do more good in the rocky trails of utah?

Lockers, Most importantly a rear locker as that will help in most situations. I'm waiting until I experience a need for a front locker.

A good winch will get you out of trouble, but a good wench will get you in trouble!

That said, I'd do at least a rear locker first.

;)Wench, definitely the wench.;p

Haha. For sure.

Rear locker is about $300. Winch is about $500 + mounting bracket.

Get both, especially if you're wheeling alone. If you're wheeling with friends, somebody will have a winch, and a tug strap is cheep.

had to click on this thread to see what people had to say about the wench. lockers are far more useful. situation yesterday where my buddy could have used a front locker and would have been fine, but had to end up winching himself out. but both are good to have.

I've heard it said...

"Tis no shame for men of his high birth to love a wench"

"Find a wench, raise fat babies, live a good long life"

Hope this helps with your decision. ;)

I would go with ... ... all kidding aside, lock it up
far side.jpg

Last edited:
Both are very useful.

I bring a wench, have her push the locker button when needed.

Make sure you get a strong and burly wench, for if you don't have lockers and you get stuck, the wench will have to get out and pull.

:hmm: FYI for a loaded 80 series you'd need at least a 12,000 lbs wench... yikes!

Both are very useful.

I bring a wench, have her push the locker button when needed.

well played

I chose wench years ago. She's piled rocks and helped push my old Datsun 510 through some crazy ass terrain in the Baja mountains before I even knew about four wheel drive...

:eek:

And we're still married.

:confused:

Does a honeybadger attack small babies at random? Exactly, get some lockers done son!

Sent from my HTC EVO4G using IH8MUD

i got enough for one or the other. i never had either so which one will do more good in the rocky trails of utah?
More good?:confused: What do you mean?
A properly used winch will not only help your rig, but allow you to help recover other rigs in trouble when a tow strap is not enough.

Lockers will get you farther up the rocky trail than open diffs. But when lockers are not enough, you break out the winch or tow strap if with buddies.

.....Get both,.....

I agree. But for which first --- an Aussie auto locker is probably the most bang for the buck, followed by a Harbor Freight (Badland) winch - if you already have a place to mount it.

I friggin' love this!

We all (well, most of us...) need a good wench....I wish mine would make dinner once in while.

"Well, if Fortune be a woman, she's a good wench for this gear." W. Shakespeare
“After three days men grow weary, of a wench, a guest, and weather rainy” B. Franklin

Thanks for the laugh. Cheers, J

I chose wench years ago. She's piled rocks and helped push my old Datsun 510 through some crazy ass terrain in the Baja mountains before I even knew about four wheel drive...

Did she do this in both the Sierra Juarez and the Sierra San Pedro Martir?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom