LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This a low mileage @ace10 special?

Not really. Was trying to talk myself out of it, but it's a really nice example that can actually be driven. And it's not a boring white, tan or a shade of grey.
All receipts back to new. If it only had 30 or 40K on the Odo, I probably wouldn't have been into it, TBH.

Wondering if anyone on here has experience with Old Dominion Welding. They are advertising on FB, frame restoration and painting for $499. Shop was in Charles City, SE of Richmond, but now mobile. “They’ll come to me”.
I have the usual rust. Nothing crazy that I can poke through with a screw driver, but definitely needs some rust prevention/mitigation.

@Misfit Aye Pretty sure they used to be Viking Offroad that used to advertise on there- I say this because their pictures are the same.
They patched my rear crossmembers, I’m fine with the work they did but it’s not going to be top end work- they boxed the affected areas instead of blending the new metal in with the old.
They also installed via welding my tow hitch, which I’ve used without any issues. Welds seem to be strong
I had them also wirewheel and rust oleum spray my frame.

BDB21532-8865-4F8C-A076-3E5CCC52091A.jpeg

Want to put in a good word for R&C Auto repair & collision in Sterling, VA. I have used their services for many years now for a variety of automobiles. They used to be my go-to shop for everything before I started working on them myself. Roger is a nice guy to work with. Very knowledgeable and will work with you on the price. I usually buy the parts that I like and have them do the work. Last week, I had a bunch of work done including DT headers, coolant hoses & Heater Ts, Timing belt, water pump etc.

@Misfit Aye Pretty sure they used to be Viking Offroad that used to advertise on there- I say this because their pictures are the same.
They patched my rear crossmembers, I’m fine with the work they did but it’s not going to be top end work- they boxed the affected areas instead of blending the new metal in with the old.
They also installed via welding my tow hitch, which I’ve used without any issues. Welds seem to be strong
I had them also wirewheel and rust oleum spray my frame.

View attachment 2760213
Thanks, Bud. I want to have them do the work, but a little worried about just pissing the money away with no benefit. $499 almost sounds to good to be true, and I'm not sure how they can do it without a lift.

Thanks, Bud. I want to have them do the work, but a little worried about just pissing the money away with no benefit. $499 almost sounds to good to be true, and I'm not sure how they can do it without a lift.
I was skeptical as well, but they seemed to be pretty thorough with their cleaning and treatment.

Lanolin is what Woolwax and Fluidfilm are made of. I'm guessing they use one or the other. I use Woolwax on my 80 and coated my Tacoma twice before I sold it.

Want to put in a good word for R&C Auto repair & collision in Sterling, VA. I have used their services for many years now for a variety of automobiles. They used to be my go-to shop for everything before I started working on them myself. Roger is a nice guy to work with. Very knowledgeable and will work with you on the price. I usually buy the parts that I like and have them do the work. Last week, I had a bunch of work done including DT headers, coolant hoses & Heater Ts, Timing belt, water pump etc.
I took my truck to get the headers, cats, cat-back, timing belt, water pump, steering shaft and plugs done at R&C...

HUGE thanks to @unleashd for recomending this place and tolerating my OCD. :rofl:

20210830_133838.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good place for engine repair in NOVA? Specifically, I blew the head gasket on my 1971 FJ40 Type F. I have contacted @OTRAMM but he has a backlog at the moment. I would wait for the backlog to clear but I am growing impatient due to my significant other's many questions about when it will be repaired, when it will be back in "its spot" in the garage and not hers, when can we drive it to cars and coffee, etc... [insert snarky comment here] :rolleyes:. I would do the work myself but don't have the tools, time, or patience.

Can anyone recommend where i can have my radio replaced in my 2000 LX470? It has the Nakamichi head unit. I know there are write ups on how to do it but I’m not really good when it comes to wiring. So I would like it professionally done if possible with a back up camera.

Can anyone recommend where i can have my radio replaced in my 2000 LX470? It has the Nakamichi head unit. I know there are write ups on how to do it but I’m not really good when it comes to wiring. So I would like it professionally done if possible with a back up camera.
I used the Crutchfield Store in Harrisonburg. They are the same company that sends out the audiophile catalogs and based here in VA. It is a short drive from NOVA. I found it worth it since their technicians are skilled and their work is guaranteed. They will tell you which unit is best for your car, i.e. pairing with the other components.

I used the Crutchfield Store in Harrisonburg. They are the same company that sends out the audiophile catalogs and based here in VA. It is a short drive from NOVA. I found it worth it since their technicians are skilled and their work is guaranteed. They will tell you which unit is best for your car, i.e. pairing with the other components.

I might do this for my 80. Since getting rid of my Tacoma I've caught myself glancing down at the 90s era CD/tape deck when backing up expecting to make sure I'm not about to run over anything. I despise volume controls that aren't knobs so that's kept me rocking the OEM radio.

I might do this for my 80. Since getting rid of my Tacoma I've caught myself glancing down at the 90s era CD/tape deck when backing up expecting to make sure I'm not about to run over anything. I despise volume controls that aren't knobs so that's kept me rocking the OEM radio.
X2 for Crutchfield. Their customer service is nearly wizardry. Explicit, vehicle specific instructions with great person to person tech support hours. (times you can call and talk to someone who knows wtf is going on) Prices seem to be as competitive as anyone else on the internet, and it feels good to support a local business.

I've been using Kar Tunes in Sterling for a few years. They've done really nice work returning my stuff back to stock. Some of it has been rather involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom