LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you bring it out to the Swap Meet on the 29th? There will be a lot of folks there willing to give their opinion on where to start. ...

I'd start with a supercharger, 4.88 and 37" swampers..... :)

Can you bring it out to the Swap Meet on the 29th? There will be a lot of folks there willing to give their opinion on where to start. The FAQ in the 80 series section has several threads on DIY base lining and preventative maintenance if you want to read ahead. How many miles are on the truck?

I've been reading several of the threads. The sunroof just started to leak recently, so have read up on clearing the drains. The swap meet sounds like fun, but I am supposed to be in Lovettsville on the 29th for Oktoberfest. (FYI - they throw a great Oktoberfest if anyone is interested)

So, everyone here seems to like and recommend OTRAMM. I will send him a message! Thank you all for the suggestions!

Anyone use a non-Safelite company lately to replace a windshield? My 80 is leaking in both corners now so along with the several cracks I guess it's time to get it replaced. Also, if anyone is heading up to Conshohocken, PA soon and would be willing to pick up a windshield for me let me know. :hillbilly:

Same question... when the FJ sees the sun, the windshield looks like its been through a rock sand/storm on Mars. From what I understand replacement is an "every few years" affair due to the brick-like aerodynamics...

Auto Glass Quotes by Car: Make Model & Year | glass.net • Glass.net

I went there and it gave me three quotes but I don't know if they are doo doo or not?

I used a guy her in Winchester for my Ford windshield. reasonable price good customer service. But not sure if the drive would be worth it.

I'm going to start calling around. The Google indicates there are several independent glass shops in Fairfax so we'll see if they're willing to actually do the FSM prescribed method of sealing the glass to the gasket then the gasket to the frame.

McCoy's Family Auto Glass is who I recommend. They are always ordering FJC windshields from me.

EDIT: And after the rock(s) that smacked my windshield, they may be putting one in my FJC... If I can afford it...

Last edited:
McCoy's Family Auto Glass is who I recommend. They are always ordering FJC windshields from me.

EDIT: And after the rock(s) that smacked my windshield, they may be putting one in my FJC... If I can afford it...
You got contact info for them? I'm only seeing a place way out in SW VA.

I had Mike at Windshield City come out and do the front glass on my '93 80.

Top quality work. Very conscientious. Sanded and touched up some very light surface rust on the edge of the metal under the gasket. Cleaned out all the accumulated junk under the cowl.

Windshield City | Chantilly Auto Glass Repair / Replacement

Did he use the FSM procedure to seal it up?

I didn't watch over their shoulders the entire time. He brought the sheetmetal situation to my attention prior to messing with it. And I kinda watched them doing some of the cord pull. That was about it.

The guy has been in the glass business for a long time. He came highly recommended. I can only assume that he applied the goop properly.

If it leaks, I know that he will make it right.

I've had some bad windshield repairs. They usually fail pretty quickly.

Anyone use a non-Safelite company lately to replace a windshield? My 80 is leaking in both corners now so along with the several cracks I guess it's time to get it replaced. Also, if anyone is heading up to Conshohocken, PA soon and would be willing to pick up a windshield for me let me know. :hillbilly:

If you still need this, I’ll grab it, and can bring it down to Bart’s place in Annapolis in the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom