LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc.

Can you bring it out to the Swap Meet on the 29th? There will be a lot of folks there willing to give their opinion on where to start. The FAQ in the 80 series section has several threads on DIY base lining and preventative maintenance if you want to read ahead. How many miles are on the truck?

I've been reading several of the threads. The sunroof just started to leak recently, so have read up on clearing the drains. The swap meet sounds like fun, but I am supposed to be in Lovettsville on the 29th for Oktoberfest. (FYI - they throw a great Oktoberfest if anyone is interested)

So, everyone here seems to like and recommend OTRAMM. I will send him a message! Thank you all for the suggestions!

iptman

Anyone use a non-Safelite company lately to replace a windshield? My 80 is leaking in both corners now so along with the several cracks I guess it's time to get it replaced. Also, if anyone is heading up to Conshohocken, PA soon and would be willing to pick up a windshield for me let me know. :hillbilly:

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star

I used a guy her in Winchester for my Ford windshield. reasonable price good customer service. But not sure if the drive would be worth it.

iptman

I'm going to start calling around. The Google indicates there are several independent glass shops in Fairfax so we'll see if they're willing to actually do the FSM prescribed method of sealing the glass to the gasket then the gasket to the frame.

McCoy's Family Auto Glass is who I recommend. They are always ordering FJC windshields from me.

EDIT: And after the rock(s) that smacked my windshield, they may be putting one in my FJC... If I can afford it...

Last edited:
McCoy's Family Auto Glass is who I recommend. They are always ordering FJC windshields from me.

EDIT: And after the rock(s) that smacked my windshield, they may be putting one in my FJC... If I can afford it...
You got contact info for them? I'm only seeing a place way out in SW VA.

ace10

Another one bites the dust!
SILVER Star

I had Mike at Windshield City come out and do the front glass on my '93 80.

Top quality work. Very conscientious. Sanded and touched up some very light surface rust on the edge of the metal under the gasket. Cleaned out all the accumulated junk under the cowl.

Windshield City | Chantilly Auto Glass Repair / Replacement

ace10

Another one bites the dust!
SILVER Star

Did he use the FSM procedure to seal it up?
I didn't watch over their shoulders the entire time. He brought the sheetmetal situation to my attention prior to messing with it. And I kinda watched them doing some of the cord pull. That was about it.

The guy has been in the glass business for a long time. He came highly recommended. I can only assume that he applied the goop properly.

If it leaks, I know that he will make it right.

I've had some bad windshield repairs. They usually fail pretty quickly.

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Anyone use a non-Safelite company lately to replace a windshield? My 80 is leaking in both corners now so along with the several cracks I guess it's time to get it replaced. Also, if anyone is heading up to Conshohocken, PA soon and would be willing to pick up a windshield for me let me know. :hillbilly:
If you still need this, I’ll grab it, and can bring it down to Bart’s place in Annapolis in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom