LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc.

Discussion in 'VA/DC/MD- Capital Land Cruiser Club' started by John Smith, Sep 11, 2009.

1. iptman

iptman

That's what I call a Christmas miracle! Mighty fine of you Greg. I'll PM you if I can get it ordered and in.

2. JohnVee

JohnVee SILVER Star

@iptman Did you get this done yet? The LX I have here now made it through both of the hurricanes in CLT last fall without a problem but gave up the ghost in the rains we've had here in GVL lately. As it's the wife's truck, I should probably fix it before I give it back to her (she's not a fan of the silver HVAC tape I use to seal the leaks on my green 80!). I'm thinking about the guy that @ace10 suggested unless you have a better idea or reason not to.

3. iptman

iptman

I just picked up my windshield (Thanks @Crusha!) yesterday. I hope to stop by and talk to that guy today or tomorrow.

Crusha likes this.
  4. JohnVee

JohnVee SILVER Star

Don't forget to buy an OEM gasket. I need to get Sarah to look for mine before she leaves to meet me tomorrow.

5. iptman

iptman

Yup, I've had one on the shelf since back when I cracked it initially a couple years ago.

6. edust1

edust1

Happy New Year Gentlemen, it's been too long. I hope this is in the right place for this post. I would like to replace the (broken) antenna with a flexible mast. I heard someone mention that during one of our meetings a while back. What are the recommended options for those that have done this?

Thank you,
    Eduardo

Von Hayek likes this.
  7. iptman

iptman

Hi Eduardo, long time no talk!

Here's the thread on the Tacoma antenna mod.

What is the Tacoma mod for the antenna?

We're having a tech day out at Ryan's on the 26th. Bring your 80 out. Did you ever get your brakes fixed? That's something we could help you tackle as well.

8. edust1

edust1

Thank you, Patrick! I saw about the tech day. Unfortunately, I will be out of town then; otherwise, I would have loved to be there.

I ended up needing a new master cylinder and had that replaced over the summer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.