Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've still got this and it's still free. Come & get it, it's in the way of progress :)

I have a complete FJ40 1969 rear axle, 4.10 gears, all stock, working brakes with reasonably new wheel cylinders. FREE - come get it in Cherry Hill, NJ. Already pulled from the rig.

Email at geoff.lawton.1966@gmail.com

I've still got this and it's still free. Come & get it, it's in the way of progress :)

All if anyone wants this I’ll probably be heading through Jersey sometime mid-April. If @FuglyYota wants it gone and someone in PA/MD area can use it I can serve as an intermediary.

@jtaco1 can you use this for your axle project?
I could and will actually be in Haddon Heights, NJ tomorrow for training, but not sure I could convince the boss to put it in his car and bring it back :)
Perhaps next time I am in Philly for one of my projects I could cross the river and grab it if still available.

It is a great candidate for a FF axle project for someone running bigger tires. I have the tools and jigs to weld the brake brackets on. Weld on brackets are available from Ruffstuff and lcwizard (4plus). The beauty of this setup is it uses OEM front spindles, hubs and brake discs and calipers. The other beauty is replacing the stock inner axles with RCV chromos.

I could and will actually be in Haddon Heights, NJ tomorrow for training, but not sure I could convince the boss to put it in his car and bring it back :)
Perhaps next time I am in Philly for one of my projects I could cross the river and grab it if still available.
I have a nice big moving blanket we can wrap it in........:)

Really, this is in the garage and Dad and I need to pull the motor in my junk to get the cluch, front motor mounts, and a bunch of other stuff done. The sheds full at the moment hence the “free come get it right now please” attitude!!

I have a nice big moving blanket we can wrap it in........:)

Just do the EZ-Pass on the Turnpike so that the attendant doesn't ask any questions about the body you have wrapped up in the back seat! ;)

Just do the EZ-Pass on the Turnpike so that the attendant doesn't ask any questions about the body you have wrapped up in the back seat! ;)
On my way to Florida one year I got behind a suv with a hitch carrier on the back. Somthing was wrapped in a brown tarp with a rubber mask at one end and boots sticking out the other end.

Back in the late 80's when I was driving tractor trailers, I knew a guy who tied a blow up doll along the fuel tank and step on the passenger side of his rig. As he'd pass people, he had a string tied to it's arm through the vent window in the door and he'd pull on it to make it look like the doll was banging on the door. Mind you, this was long before cell phones but eventually someone got a message to the police and he was pulled over for it and had some 'splainin' to do...

I don't know if these are of any use to anyone. Make me an offer if you can use them.

Set of Four Mud Tires - 31x10.5-R15

These tires have decent tread but I'd put tubes in them or use them for an off-road rig or mud bogger.

Tempra Trail Cutters - chewed edges, some sidewall cracking, one is grooved through a set of lugs, but otherwise good treads

Mud Tires 001 of 10.png
Mud Tires 002 of 10.png
Mud Tires 003 of 10.png
Mud Tires 005 of 10.png
Mud Tires 006 of 10.png

Anyone have an extra Warn winch controller with 3 pins laying around that they don’t need?

Was recently using my winch and it stopped working and has a loose pin. Wanting to see if it is the controller or winch solenoids that are an issue. Solenoids currently click, but no spoil in or out when engaged.

@jtaco1 here is a document I put together when my Warn (M-8000) stopped working. I ended up having water intrusion which caused the brushes to fail. Took to a local shop and they rebuilt it for $100.

This will help you test the solenoids. Mine were clicking as well but nothing was happening. After testing the last thing was to have the motor looked at.
FAA3583E-2619-4662-B62C-E715D28396D2.jpeg

@dci blair rebuilt my controller box using new solenoids I bought from warn.

My winch stopped working in the pouring rain, on a super muddy hill, with the side of the 100 nestled tightly against a large tree, in the middle of the Vermont Overland Trophy. I was not happy.

@jtaco1 here is a document I put together when my Warn (M-8000) stopped working. I ended up having water intrusion which caused the brushes to fail. Took to a local shop and they rebuilt it for $100.

This will help you test the solenoids. Mine were clicking as well but nothing was happening. After testing the last thing was to have the motor looked at.

Awesome, thank you very much. Will give it a look and test it out.

As a side note. The winch can be operated with a jumper wire. That's how mine came when I bought it.
Started out by jumping between the 3 pins where the controller plugs in and get the same solenoid clicks as before, so thinking the controller is still good. Moved on to testing the motor as shown in @joabmc shared and the motor winches in and out, so good to go there. With that, I am betting at least one solenoid is bad, likely more since it would not spool out when engaged and using the controller.

Going to order up 4 new solenoids and should be good. Summit Racing/4Wheel Parts has "Warn" brand, but can also get no names on Amazon for much less. What say the club? Leaning towards the "Warn" ones at around $100 to my door and not have to worry about them.

@dci blair rebuilt my controller box using new solenoids I bought from warn.

My winch stopped working in the pouring rain, on a super muddy hill, with the side of the 100 nestled tightly against a large tree, in the middle of the Vermont Overland Trophy. I was not happy.

When you need your winch, you want it to work. Spend a few bucks more and buy the known entity.

Started out by jumping between the 3 pins where the controller plugs in and get the same solenoid clicks as before, so thinking the controller is still good. Moved on to testing the motor as shown in @joabmc shared and the motor winches in and out, so good to go there. With that, I am betting at least one solenoid is bad, likely more since it would not spool out when engaged and using the controller.

Going to order up 4 new solenoids and should be good. Summit Racing/4Wheel Parts has "Warn" brand, but can also get no names on Amazon for much less. What say the club? Leaning towards the "Warn" ones at around $100 to my door and not have to worry about them.
I've heard good things about the solid state replacement setup that Warn offers for winches with solenoids. Ain't cheap but supposedly bullet proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom