Local For Sale/Wanted Section!

plfj40

For sale:
H41-3speed tcase combo.
This was in my fj40 , its all complete and ready to go into your cruiser.
Milege unknown on the transmission. I had it in my 40 for over 10 years. T case bearings were replaced when installed with the h41.
$750 obo.
Located in CT

shmukster

For sale:
H41-3speed tcase combo.
This was in my fj40 , its all complete and ready to go into your cruiser.
Milege unknown on the transmission. I had it in my 40 for over 10 years. T case bearings were replaced when installed with the h41.
$750 obo.
Located in CT
Great way to get lower gearing in an J40 or FJ55. I ran this combo in my piggy for years before I put a doubler in it. Tom's a good guy to deal with

plfj40

The 3speed t case alone could be 15%. Combine that with granny 1st gear on h41 and u got over 50% reduction. That’s if we are talking about h42/4speed comparison.

brian

SILVER Star

I didnt think that thr earlier transfer gearing was that much lower than the later set.

Last edited:

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star

Sorry, I was talking about the T case only, 3 speed compared to 4 speed. That's a nice setup Tom.

So I think I have some interest in the ‘69 rear ( still free!), time for some more.

I need:
*FJ60 front and rear driveshafts for the axle & split case swap.
*FJ40 factory cage, roll bar, whatever. I have a good front cage that I need a rear hoop to make a family cage out of. May go with a metal tech cage later but for now rear passengers need some coverage and shade.

Sale:
In the next month, I should have the current SM465 / AA Adapter / 3 speed case out of my rig. Will also have driveshafts that should be the right length if you swap this into a stock wheelbase 40. I’m keeping the bell housing but it’s set up for a SBC. Runs and drives, the 465 seems a little loud but then again I have bare floors and it’s and old school crashbox. It did shift fine and never popped out of gear or anything. 3 speed is manual shift and will come with shift linkage for the 465.

Price - somewhere in the $750 range for everything including driveshafts. It’s not pulled yet but will be by Memorial Day, maybe sooner.

Yellow Jacket

SILVER Star

Looks like an interesting deal for someone

shmukster

Looks like an interesting deal for someone
I'm on this one!!!!!

Top Bottom