Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary, Do you happen to have any axle housings laying around that you want to get rid of? I am looking for a 9.5 inch center section to build a custom rear axle. Will be traveling past your place on Wednesday.
@RWBeringer4x4 I think has an old course spline unit kicking around, or did you just change the outters to disks?

@RWBeringer4x4 I think has an old course spline unit kicking around, or did you just change the outters to disks?

Nothing here I just changed the birfields-out. The stock axles are still strapped under the 40. I think I have a spare set of inner axles kicking around but not the housings...

Thanks guys. Kicking around the idea of building an axle with a 9.5” diff with Tacoma shafts and brakes to give a centered 60” axle with spare parts that I have. Diff housing is the only item I would need.

Thanks guys. Kicking around the idea of building an axle with a 9.5” diff with Tacoma shafts and brakes to give a centered 60” axle with spare parts that I have. Diff housing is the only item I would need.
Most people go the other way with that, mixing a mini truck center section with Land Cruiser axle tubes for the strength of the knuckles.
Gives more clearance under the axle housing.

Are you looking for a rear housing or just a center section?

Most people go the other way with that, mixing a mini truck center section with Land Cruiser axle tubes for the strength of the knuckles.
Gives more clearance under the axle housing.

Are you looking for a rear housing or just a center section?

This would be for a rear axle setup, already have the front covered with the FJ60 axle I built. Could start with a front or rear axle since I would only need the center and some of the tube to graft the Tacoma tubes to. Rear axle housing or center section would be the better option since it offers the removable cover.

Anyone interested in 76 fj40 parts?
6AFFE7D9-40A0-4247-AE2E-D9FB22819BB8.jpeg
68A44065-BCCC-4857-ACAA-5A990866637A.jpeg
C0A0EEB9-4D5A-4A8C-8705-2BBB2AFFBFF6.jpeg
F155D19D-72C6-494C-AB79-207D6A91638C.jpeg

Conversation started about the WS frame. The one on the truck I'm parting is a rusty mess. I gave a perfect one to John Merkey two years ago for his 83 resto and then banged my own up at Rausch on the property across the road from the main park. Might have been three years ago. Or four...……...…….

Anyone planning on any big purchases from Metaltech? I have a $100 gift certificate from the raffle at CMCC last year. It has to be a $500 purchase to use and since I picked up tube doors today I no longer see myself using it.
I’m getting ready to order Radflo 2.5 extended travel rear shocks.

Nice fuel bowl. I can't identify the lower item in the pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom