Let's Build this Pristine 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
What's up 80 crew!

Added a 1995 last week and I'm starting to make notes on how I'm going to build this one out. If you follow Mike @Cruiser Corps you may have seen his walk around video on IG last week. I am the lucky buyer of this 2 owner Moonglow Pearl with 185k miles... in Mike's own words this is the cleanest and nicest 80 he's owned, which took some bribing to sell it to me.

The original owner had it for nearly 18 years and then his business partner bought it and drove it the last 7 years. Both of them serviced it at Toyota religiously every 3k miles and always kept up with anything that needed to be fixed or updated, even if it wasn't neccessary. The receipt folder is ridiculously thick!

Now I spend most of my time in the 200 section and planning LCDC (www.landcruiserdc.com) which primarily is a 200 series event held in various locations in CO but the last couple of years we've opened it up to other series'... But guess what I think there's going to be some 80's this year! Anyways really looking forward to having some fun with the 80 and getting it out on the trails.

The truck is completely stock other than Mike putting on an OME suspension and KO2 tires for me.

Some basic necessities on order so far; BH3D cup holders, CDL switch mod, LED interior bulbs, hood struts and an oem bug deflector to match the existing oem sunroof deflector.

Here is my list on next steps... let me know your suggestions/thoughts:

- ARB front bumper with 9.5 ComeUp winch synthetic line
- 9" round LED lights mounted to bumper... haven't decided which ones yet
- Slee or White Knuckle sliders (have WK on my 200 and love them)
- ARB drawers
- Rear bumper... haven't decided which one yet... like Slee, Delta and BumpIt Off Road... thoughts?
- LED cargo strip lighting
- ARB dual compressor
- New headlight bulbs... haven't decided on direction here... been searching threads for more info.
- New double din stereo with Apple CarPlay! My 200 doesn't have it but my 80 sure will!!
- New speakers all around
- It has front gray weather tech mats and Husky 2nd row but haven't decided if I should switch them
- ARB rear locker or look for some OEM F/R lockers... research tells me to go with ARB
- Roof rack... haven't decided which one but most likely FrontRunner or just use my extra Thule system which I can use for the awning, roof box, ski's, etc.

What am I missing???

Here are some photos from Mike upon pick up which was fully detailed and shipped by @Riverrunner and then showing up in it's natural habitat... filthy... :)

tempImageiKxKQl.png

tempImageAHCVvm.png

tempImagewsReL9.png

tempImagetw6gLd.png

tempImageEPUjmP.png

Pics 2

tempImageXXHTLl.png

tempImage1mw6X3.png

tempImage8NYykE.png

tempImageyJcF21.png

tempImageRUWnr9.png

Looks great like it currently sits :)

Perhaps an alternate approach from the usual builds..... hidden winch behind the front bumper, leave the OME suspension and tires as they are, add sliders, harrop E lockers, 9011 headlight bulbs, remove the stock roof rack and go with something simple. Leave the rear bumper stock, pull the 3rd row seats and add drawers. Skip the bug and sunroof deflectors.

If I was to start all over again, I would...

Unlike the 200 the 80 doesn't have a big V8 to muscle around a ton of extra weight from all of the armor and accessories. It'll do it, just not as happily.

I tend to agree. I'd leave it just as it sits right now, maybe remove the side steps, roof rack and rear duster (the latter 2 professionally welded and painted). Too nice to wheel so why bother with all the armor. And for the love all that's right and good... hit the under carriage with some Woolwax ASAP!

Perhaps an alternate approach from the usual builds..... hidden winch behind the front bumper, leave the OME suspension and tires as they are, add sliders, harrop E lockers, 9011 headlight bulbs, remove the stock roof rack and go with something simple. Leave the rear bumper stock, pull the 3rd row seats and add drawers. Skip the bug and sunroof deflectors.

Unlike the 200 the 80 doesn't have a big V8 to muscle around a ton of extra weight from all of the armor and accessories. It'll do it, just not as happily.
I will have to agree with this also. Pretty much the build I did, but I did go with a front ARB bumper. Been thinking about a rear, but not sure it's necessary.

Appreciate it! I fully built my last 200 and with the new one I did a very mild build with lift, sliders, skids and compressor. Looking at the 80 to be more of my have "fun" rig... Who makes a hidden winch for the 80? I do like the ARB front bumper on the 80 though.

I will have to agree with this also. Pretty much the build I did, but I did go with a front ARB bumper. Been thinking about a rear, but not sure it's necessary.
What's your favorite rear bumper right now?

Absolutely agree with above; leave it as is. Or, trade it for one of my White 80's, then hack that up.

I have a thought!

How about you leave it just the way it is since it is so damn nice and go buy another one that has already been all hacked up instead of ruining my baby!!!!

My two cents

Oh wait...... it’s not mine anymore.

Mike
I promise... you'll be pleased with the end results... no decisions made yet. :) Just getting ideas for now. I've already had multiple people here in town compliment how nice it is!

Super clean, nice truck. Love the color.
Build it for your mission. What is your main purpose for the truck?

Here’s a few ideas to add.
Kill switch to prevent theft
Trans/t-case armor
270 degree awning
HAM or GMSR
Wagon Gear tailgate lid
Pfran LED interior lights/reverse lights
iPad Navigation using Gaia GPS/BadElf GPS

I promise... you'll be pleased with the end results... no decisions made yet. :) Just getting ideas for now. I've already had multiple people here in town compliment how nice it is!

I am just giving you a hard time. I know whatever you do will be done tastefully.

Happy to hear you have had some head turners. Hard to find anything 25 years old look that good especially a Landcruiser

I think it needs some kind of custom 24k gold interior parts and a gun rack for sure.

Seriously though, she might be worth parking in a garage and saving. These rigs are getting harder to find every year.

I'd go Harrop front/rear lockers wired to an OEM switch and leave it at that...too nice to cut up.

Leave it be, drive it, enjoy it, it’s gorgeous !

May want to contact pfran before placing an order. Folks in the hunnert forum had bad experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom