KZJ71 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my battery in and now have auxiliary power for my fridge. The fridge is just the right size to fit behind the rear seats when they are set up. As much as I would like to remove the rear seats, my fiance insists on keeping them so I'm trying to work with keeping it a daily driver but easily converted for trips.

IMG_6513.jpeg

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I changed all of my intercooler piping to 2”. The 2.5” was getting pinned between the hood and valve cover and wore a groove into the valve cover.
Also, water temps were higher on this trip in general than before. Got as high as 97 gunning it uphill in 5th. I figure it’s the bigger tires. Might try putting new silicon in the fan clutch but it never got over 100 so I’m not super worried about it. EGTs were sweet. 16 psi boost uphill my EGTs never went over 500 going 70mph.

360977AC-2A84-4939-8600-87AD53E07CCC.jpeg

wow great build man! I think I'm going to copy your engine mods on my KZJ71. Have you thought about how your going to address the possible electronic injection pump issue down the line? I've read they can be a nightmare because no one has the computer to work on them.
Sorry missed this. I havent heard of the electronic pump failing tbh. I have heard of the ECU crapping out and they are around. There's definitely a manual fuel pump in my future though.

I recommend that you replace the thermostat with this one
1kzte aussie specs

works much better besides using silicone oil in the fan clutch of at least 10,000 cst

with that welcome any hill that must be climbed under the summer sun

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 10.59.57.png

I recommend that you replace the thermostat with this one
1kzte aussie specs

works much better besides using silicone oil in the fan clutch of at least 10,000 cst

with that welcome any hill that must be climbed under the summer sun

View attachment 2745665
Yeah, I’ve thought about this, but also it gets very cold here in the winter. I don’t want the trade off to be running too cool when the weather changes.

Removed my fender mirrors for some electric ones. GCC spec so they have some arabic on them. I think they look great.
1630966372984.png

Replaced the cheap looking rocker switch with an OEM one for my flood lights.
1631031922082.png
1631031938701.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 12.28.31 PM.png

Reactions: BCM
go for front air locker?
1KZ rules
I hear nothing but bad things about ARB's air locker. I like the simplicity of a e-locker. I briefly considered a TJM Pro locker from australia, but I ultimately decided the eaton/harrop is the way I want to go. I'm going to wire it through the factory e-locker dial so it will maintain the factory look on the dash.

I hear nothing but bad things about ARB's air locker. I like the simplicity of a e-locker. I briefly considered a TJM Pro locker from australia, but I ultimately decided the eaton/harrop is the way I want to go. I'm going to wire it through the factory e-locker dial so it will maintain the factory look on the dash.
Amazing!,
My set up it s pretty similar, but my front e locker its "copy", but works like a charm,
and the J80 locker switch, it;s the way!

With a scheme with relays you can configure so that the front is connected only when you are in 4wd mode, anyway in my J70, it is all manually, I replaced the vacuum control and solenoids, and now I use a 5/2 pneumatic valve , so, I have 2wd with low and rear locker, and from now on I configure so that the elocker is only activated when I am in 4wd mode, reultice the transfer switches to feed the info to my scheme, I think it looks pretty good and reliable, also places more indicator lights on the board, to indicate all the options.

Cheers!

fzj80 front e locker?
1KZ rules
Oh i missed that you were suggesting an fzj80 front locker. Yes, that would be phenomenal, but a little bit more involved and costly as I would first have to find one and then also modify the axle housing. I think the eaton/harrop locker will be more than sufficient for my purposes.

I thought this was a great video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom