Knuckle Rebuild Kit: This 1 or that 1? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully Kurt (or someone else) can confirm what his kit comes with. CO lists the kit as "each" which I perceive as each axle. However, the picture does show parts for two axles.

Pat

The knuckle kit that I got from Kurt (the one that I would gladly pay more for) does both sides or two knuckles. Wheel bearings are not included for that price.

Go with Kurt's kit, Koyo bearings, JT's doesn't specify, Kurt's is cheaper.

Kurt's Kit, no wheel bearings, Koyo knuckles, pretty clearly states One Req per Vehicle - $115 (this is def for both sides)

JT's Kit, no wheel bearings, unspecified knuckles, clearly states does both sides - $159

So is JT Outfitters, the other company, as I listed in the OP to keep from getting comments like this that lack no decisive input other than "he's a supporting MUD vendor":bang:. Why CO instead of the kit by JT'? Price wise goes heavily to JT's but does anyone have first hand experience or input as to why CO's is better? Thanks.

You listed two options and I gave you my opinion on which to buy. Kurt is a known contributor and supporting vendor. I have done business with Kurt and had great service and after purchase support.
You don't want advice, don't ask.

The knuckle kit that I got from Kurt (the one that I would gladly pay more for) does both sides or two knuckles. Wheel bearings are not included for that price.

If this is the case then going w/Kurt is a no-brainer. His website says it's $115 & you need 2. I take that as it will be $230 to do DS & PS of the vehicle.

No. If you read Kurt's web site it clearly states that one kit does both knuckles.

You are going to want to call him and talk anyway, so he will confirm this.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw that out there. I've personally done 3 front axles rebuilds with the Marlin seals with no problems. My personal rig is on 30k with no signs of failure.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Plenty of posts about these failing and I think I was one of the first that experienced it.

No. If you read Kurt's web site it clearly states that one kit does both knuckles.

You are going to want to call him and talk anyway, so he will confirm this.

You, sir, are correct!!! I just re-read it and it says 1 required per vehicle. :bounce::bounce2:

Kurt it is & thanks for all the input from everybody!!!!!:cheers:

Well, I'll admit It's been a while...figured they would rock for 80's too, learn something new...
My cousin uses them on his truggy's w/good luck & suggested them to me. I was about to buy them until I researched & discovered they don't work well w/the 80's.

You listed two options and I gave you my opinion on which to buy. Kurt is a known contributor and supporting vendor. I have done business with Kurt and had great service and after purchase support.
You don't want advice, don't ask.

/this\

if you still want to buy from JTO, go ahead, knock yourself silly :meh:

but don't come back here to whine how you didn't get it in time, or they weren't answering your calls or any other whiney "bad customer service" stuff :flipoff2:

oh, did I mention Kurt ships fast ?

Cruiseroutfitters is out of stock as of Friday, they told me 1-2 weeks out...

Wait the Marlin inners are supposed to be the end all of inner axle seals, this isn't true?!?

Wait the Marlin inners are supposed to be the end all of inner axle seals, this isn't true?!?

Not for the full-time 80's from all the research I've done.

I read where someone utilized the spring from a Toyota OEM seal replacing the clip in a Marlin seal and making the Marlin Seal work on the 80. I thought about doing that- but, I know whats tried and true- no interest in overhauling a new seal for what may or may not work...

I read where someone utilized the spring from a Toyota OEM seal replacing the clip in a Marlin seal and making the Marlin Seal work on the 80. I thought about doing that- but, I know whats tried and true- no interest in overhauling a new seal for what may or may not work...

Good to know for those with a groive worn into their axle.

Pat

x eleventy for Kurt. Plus, he's just a nice guy in general.

Just to confirm ALL of our knuckle rebuild kits are per front axle, i.e. they cover both sides. If you only need to do one side, we have individual parts. Our wheel bearing kits are sold per side as that has been a popular demand.

As noted we are out of 80 Series kits but we are expecting them in a week to 10 days. I should have updated info on that tomorrow or Wednesday AM and once we have firm ETA on them arriving, we will start taking orders and prepping shipments. Thanks for the patience :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom