KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, apologies but I've been slow crawling back out of my holiday shell. Well, that and this is just too much for one guy anymore and I lost my part-time help and am in process of training up a new one. While moving drawers for GX, Forerunner, Land Rovers etc into production. And more SharkNet models. Anyone want to buy in to a booming business to help it grow faster? ;)

I am revamping, yet again, the ordering process because of problems that just keep cropping up. I think I can finally get to stocking product with my new helper, and if not well we are looking at the old notify-me system (but I don't think it will be needed much). Existing pre-orders will be fulfilled in February, invoices going out soon.

For the OCD among us, 8020.net has 10-series quarter-round end caps add a really nice finish to the inside of the drawers for only a few bucks.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1b01.jpg

For the OCD among us, 8020.net has 10-series quarter-round end caps add a really nice finish to the inside of the drawers for only a few bucks.

View attachment 2572843
I like those. Has anyone found a good option to protect the edge of the top plate piece I keep banging it up taking stuff in and out.

I like those. Has anyone found a good option to protect the edge of the top plate piece I keep banging it up taking stuff in and out.
Aluminum angle is cheap and effective.
3FF59547-B211-4B8A-8FE7-2CEDE10D5A9B.jpeg

Mine originally came with those... did they stop getting included?
You have KISS or Reef? My Reef setup didn't include them

My recent, December 2020, reef drawers didn’t include them. I didnt miss them. I briefly looked for some to purchase, but I moved on.

My recent, December 2020, reef drawers didn’t include them. I didnt miss them. I briefly looked for some to purchase, but I moved on.

You, sir, need some more OCD in your life...

I have my moments...this is as OCD as I get
798B9EAF-897A-4FFF-88F1-188E7C98D4C5.jpeg

34671773-ABA3-4A76-94B8-113CF212B24B.jpeg

That's perfect - where did you source it at home depot? Did you have to rip it or did it come in thst 1x1(?) size?
I got it at Lowe’s I think it’s 3/4 x 1/2 I bought two 4’ lengths. Less than $10? I can’t remember

That's perfect - where did you source it at home depot? Did you have to rip it or did it come in thst 1x1(?) size?
I have aluminum angle on mine also. Any home improvement store. ½" in the vertical direction, you'll want deeper (¾" or more) in the horizontal to secure it better. I didn't even screw mine in, just went with JB Weld and stuck the aluminum to wood with some temporary clamps and let it dry. It's held nicely.

KISS. To be honest, not sure what the difference is

KISS are the older generation where the whole front face, including the part under the wings, opens with the drawers. LSO probably changed what got included when the newer Reef modular setup came out.

Can you link to the paint you used for these? Looks awesome! Also did you sand first or no?
I did sand all the panels, but I was careful around the edges. I used a random orbital on all the faces up to 220. I hand sanded the edges to make sure that any lifting grain and micro tearout was dealt with. I built the frame pieces and assembled. Then I used painters caulk on any edges near the carpet with the hope that my paint would seal better and completely keep any moisture out of the wood (my 80 series has leaked in the past).

In a perfect world I would have chosen monstaliner, but it was just too expensive. So I used the lowest VOC exterior latex paint I could find at Homedepot. Here’s the a photo of the codes.
E945A2C8-A8A8-4E1B-838A-62D19671DE80.jpeg

I put three coats on it with a roller, and used a brush for the edges. The grain shows through a bit. I disassembled the wings and pulled all the hardware that showed. I used three coats of blond shellac for the drawers. It’s cheap, easy to repair, and easy to wipe on. I finished the shellacked parts with a carnuba and lemon oil based furniture polish. It worked great. Im extremely happy how it turned out. I did the top with outdoor carpet from Lowe’s it was like 12 bucks. I sprayed 3m supper 77 to keep it in place. Most of my work is documented in my build/ endless baseline thread. I won’t post them here since it’s an 80.

I have aluminum angle on mine also. Any home improvement store. ½" in the vertical direction, you'll want deeper (¾" or more) in the horizontal to secure it better. I didn't even screw mine in, just went with JB Weld and stuck the aluminum to wood with some temporary clamps and let it dry. It's held nicely.
For some reason I couldn't find it in the smaller sizes- thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom