Jerry Can to Hose Thread adapter (JC2HT) for Scepter / LCI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am doing final testing a food safe material that looks promising, I have tested it up to 230f in my oven so it is "car safe" and dishwasher safe. I am also considering switching to black for it's excellent UV resistance even though I would prefer a tan to match my containers. These changes will address all of the concerns raised to this point during testing.

Let's go....get a move on...I'm ready to order!

When you figure out the food safe solution that satisfies you consider a bright color for those of us that misplace small things from time to time and spend way too much time searching for them. Or, a built in lanyard hole so that I can tie it to the can.

Either way, looking forward to ordering a couple from you when you are ready.

Question: What keeps the water from leaking at the threads? Does your adapter use an "O" ring or gasket to seal against the end of the threaded cap flange or is it just a tight fitting thread like a pipe thread. The location of my water container while in use requires there be a minimum of leakage at the fitting.
Thanks

Designed to use with a hose gasket when you want absolutely no leaks.

Question: What keeps the water from leaking at the threads? Does your adapter use an "O" ring or gasket to seal against the end of the threaded cap flange or is it just a tight fitting thread like a pipe thread. The location of my water container while in use requires there be a minimum of leakage at the fitting.
Thanks

In the beginning I will only be offering 1 color via Amazon for small quantity orders, if there turns out to be enough demand to move to a higher volume production method that will change. I will likely be open to a non Amazon purchase of other colors in higher quantities to mitigate shipping costs/hassle.

I am hoping to find a hose cap solution that allows you to leave the adapter and cap on the container all the time. Thinking something along these lines. Amazon.com : Aqua Pro 3/4-Inch Cap and Strap, 1 Card : Rv Accessories Caps : Patio, Lawn & Garden

When you figure out the food safe solution that satisfies you consider a bright color for those of us that misplace small things from time to time and spend way too much time searching for them. Or, a built in lanyard hole so that I can tie it to the can.

Either way, looking forward to ordering a couple from you when you are ready.

This is a simple solution for under $15.00

simple spout with shutoff for Scepter military water cans - Offroad Passport Community Forum

41RAco+sbzL.jpg

51+lDHkr9xL._SL1500_.jpg

415YbpUkLbL.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up one of the RV tank fillers and used it with Morgan's adapter. Worked great!

I'll post some pics later.

Update: I had to adjust the design for a better seal, my initial hose gasket must have been thicker than the one I just tested during production. There just wasn't enough extra thread on the hose end and too much on the jerry can side so you couldn't tighten it down enough.

-Dwight

Update: I life went crazy on me and I am now in the process of changing jobs and states.... as soon as I am a resident in my new state I will spin up a company and start selling.

Update: I life went crazy on me and I am now in the process of changing jobs and states.... as soon as I am a resident in my new state I will spin up a company and start selling.
Dwight,
I am doing final testing a food safe material that looks promising, I have tested it up to 230f in my oven so it is "car safe" and dishwasher safe. I am also considering switching to black for it's excellent UV resistance even though I would prefer a tan to match my containers. These changes will address all of the concerns raised to this point during testing.
Hello Dwight,
I'm interested in a nozzle. I
Hello Dwight,
I'm interested in a nozzle. Do you have any available?

Suggestion. Amazon is fine and all, but you will have a better target if you sell in the MUD Marketplace. No Amazon fees, either.

Small Business Storefront

I know I'm late to the party here, but is the JC2HT adapter in production and can I order it? TY

So I finally got around to getting this thing assembled. Got the prototype from Dwight quite some time ago and then I loved and they got lost in my Land Cruiser parts/misc stuff box.

I used a piece of an old garden hose, 5/8” barb to 3/4” female thread to go into the 3/4” ball valve and then a 3/4 outlet at the end. Going camping next weekend so this will work great mounted up on my roof rack.

With my second adapter I cut a shorter portion of the hose so that if need be I could put the water can on a table and not have a long hose...... giggity
B10D549E-1006-4340-9FED-E23BD5A12F97.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of other products have some on the scene combined with life changes have made it where they are not available at a competitive price, but are available at higher quality/price and IMHO the best solution. I haven't received any negative feedback on the final design, but didn't get a ton of enthusiasm either. Something may change in the future.

I have set them up on Shapeways (very high quality) at no profit to myself.. The price is about $15 ea right now plus shipping, but will float up and down as the costs change. I just ordered one to triple check that everything is to spec and will update after receipt.

Click here: JC2HT Short Necked by morgandc on Shapeways

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom