Jerry Can to Hose Thread adapter (JC2HT) for Scepter / LCI

A couple of other products have some on the scene combined with life changes have made it where they are not available at a competitive price, but are available at higher quality/price and IMHO the best solution. I haven't received any negative feedback on the final design, but didn't get a ton of enthusiasm either. Something may change in the future.

I have set them up on Shapeways (very high quality) at no profit to myself.. The price is about $15 ea right now plus shipping, but will float up and down as the costs change. I just ordered one to triple check that everything is to spec and will update after receipt.

Click here: JC2HT Short Necked by morgandc on Shapeways

-----------------------------
Having searched the forums it sounds like many of us have been down this path. I have 4 of the LCI / Scepter water cans that I purchased on Amazon and was completely amazed when I discovered that that the threads on the cap aren't hose thread (Or any normal thread). I purchased these to haul water and fill my RV up, but the length of the pour spout and angle of the fill on my trailer make life difficult so.... I fired up the CAD software. Since my initial search/design I have now discovered a couple of options on Amazon and eBay are now available, but I like my design better :)

I am now producing "Jerry Can to Hose Thread" (JC2HT) adapters in small quantities. The adapter is designed to be used with a hose gasket and are as short as possible in order to be left on the can as repeated install/removal is hard on the water can threads. I recommend purchasing a hose gasket and hose end cap for each of the adapters and removing the custom thread cap that comes with the jerry can. Although I do have the ability to make various length spouts at this time don't plan on it without someone proposing a special problem that a short hose won't solve.

If you are interested in a sample and providing feedback please PM me with your mailing address and I will send out a sample free of charge to about 10 people. Pending positive feedback, I plan to put them on Amazon for sale.

Thanks!

-Dwight

IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a good idea, would like to hook up a valve for washing hands and stuff when camping
For just hand washing / picnic usage you might prefer this option, although spendy it is a complete solution. I am sure my solution will work for you, it will just require a trip to the hardware store. That is what I like about the hose thread solution, you can do anything you want.

Amazon.com : Scepter Military Water Can Spout - MWC Dispenser - MWC Nozzle : Sports & Outdoors

Thanks to those of you that volunteered to try out some samples, I look forward to the feedback. Unfortunately with shipping being so expensive I will need to stop accepting volunteers at this time. Assuming I get positive feedback I hope to have them on the market within 60 days or so barring any unforeseen hoops to jump through.

-Dwight

A I am dotting i's and crossing t's getting ready, I have discovered that having something "food grade" is a very onerous process and would likely involve a sterile environment and certification from government agencies. What this means, is that I will likely be selling this as a non food grade item. Personally I have no concerns about an ABS plastic that can be run through a dishwater (non tested yet but spec'd to do so) as opposed to hand washing a jerry can/RV fresh water intake.

What do you guys think, is this significant?

Thanks,
-Dwight

titanpat57

Bigfoot?!...never heard of him...
SILVER Star

Well, hell....I'd buy one just to support you.....post the Amazon link when there ready......good luck

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Yeah, I will want two myself. Trying to pour water out of the can is really a pain, look forward to your product.

coops2k

SILVER Star
Dwight

Thanks, went to Ace hardware and got a plastics valve, so now I can lay my can on the side and just open and close the valve as need for water. $4
A hose can be added if needed.

image.jpg

93yotasr5

Molon Labe
got mine as well. Thanks Dwight! I will be getting mine all set up this weekend. I'll probably do a hose with the nozzle at the end so I can have the jerry can mounted on the roof rack.

Nice! I am waiting on some new materials to be arrive/test so I can try an get closer to food safe. Currently the food safe material I have is fully usable, but not quite as nice looking when I am done so I want to try a couple other options. Glad to hear all of the samples are working well mechanically across the different jerry cans.

I am doing final testing a food safe material that looks promising, I have tested it up to 230f in my oven so it is "car safe" and dishwasher safe. I am also considering switching to black for it's excellent UV resistance even though I would prefer a tan to match my containers. These changes will address all of the concerns raised to this point during testing.

Top Bottom