Is there a need/market for 60 smog gear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in Montana, we don't have smoog laws but I now have two 2F's and I am considering stripping the smog equipment off both. Is there a need/market for this stuff behind enemy lines? I know a lot of states require emissions testing and equipment to be present. Curious if I should try to keep the smog equipment present or if there is a market to off set some of our costs and help some other mudders out in green states?

I'm just curious here, not looking to sell anything at this time. I'll use the classifieds if I decide to sell. Thanks!

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY! Please put it up for sale when your ready there are a lot of us here that may need it at some point.

Mr. Smog Czar ,

Would you please take a moment and elaborate on why there is NOT a California Spec. FJ60 ?

- Yet , there IS a California Spec. FJ40 , FJ62 , FJ80 ( 3F-E )

- was there ever a California Spec. FJ55 ? or did it also fall under the whole WG vehicle classification structure as well ?

- how come the FJ62 , and FJ80 ( 3F-E ) not branded or fall under the same WG topic also ?

- you have tutored me well over the last decade + here on MUD and beyond , about the FJ40 being classified a MPV , and that it is under a different set of California , Arizona , Colorado Emissions Control Pollution Standards , even today in 2023 ....

- i have been compiling as many under hood factory decals of all kinds , any and all for future reproduction consideration , and the FJ62 3F-E and FJ80 3F-E both have unique California SMOG Decals under there hoods , if that applied to them

- this whole broad brush topic both puzzles me and fascinates me at the same time because , i cannot off the top of my head right this second say i know of 1 single 3F-E California Emissions Spec. part or parts differences i have ever encountered ?

- as always , your SMOG-WISDOM is always valued by all of us here on MUD .....

thanks ...

download (53).jpg

@Spike Strip

The FJ60 was DOT classified as a Station Wagon so my understanding is the more restrictive California smog laws at the time didn't apply, as they would to a coupe or sedan. Don't forget the political makeup up the State was quite different, then.

Many years ago, i took the vanes out of the smog pump and used the empty case as the belt tensioner. Worked like a champ for the next 14 years. Don't forget that you'll have to plug the injector holes in the head.

Okay thanks guys.

Sounds like a win-win to help folks in non free states and pad the Cruiser fund a bit.

@REZARF

If you do remove and sell the components, you'll do everyone a favor if you can test them first for functionality. Emissions FSM (pdf download here) has the simple test procedures.

Okay thanks guys.

Sounds like a win-win to help folks in non free states and pad the Cruiser fund a bit.
Thank you too, just put it on MUD Classified. :cheers:

Mr. Smog Czar ,

Would you please take a moment and elaborate on why there is NOT a California Spec. FJ60 ?

- Yet , there IS a California Spec. FJ40 , FJ62 , FJ80 ( 3F-E )

- was there ever a California Spec. FJ55 ? or did it also fall under the whole WG vehicle classification structure as well ?

- how come the FJ62 , and FJ80 ( 3F-E ) not branded or fall under the same WG topic also ?

- you have tutored me well over the last decade + here on MUD and beyond , about the FJ40 being classified a MPV , and that it is under a different set of California , Arizona , Colorado Emissions Control Pollution Standards , even today in 2023 ....

- i have been compiling as many under hood factory decals of all kinds , any and all for future reproduction consideration , and the FJ62 3F-E and FJ80 3F-E both have unique California SMOG Decals under there hoods , if that applied to them

- this whole broad brush topic both puzzles me and fascinates me at the same time because , i cannot off the top of my head right this second say i know of 1 single 3F-E California Emissions Spec. part or parts differences i have ever encountered ?

- as always , your SMOG-WISDOM is always valued by all of us here on MUD .....

thanks ...

View attachment 3475092

@Spike Strip

I looked at a 1979 55 years ago and remember it not having a cat versus my 1979 40 that had a cat
just seemed odd and sure looked as it came that way from the factory

sorry for the off topic Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom